gratitude

The van is emptied, the suitcases are unpacked, the laundry is done, the pictures are blogged.

The trip is officially over.

We arrived at home last night around one and it felt so good to be home. I loved every second of our trip, but seventeen days is a looonnng time to be away from your own house. Our home feels extra comfy and cozy today and we are all enjoying being here. Returning home after this trip proved to me that this house now feels like home.

I want to say thank you once again to everyone who made our trip so wonderful.

Thank you to Mom, Dad, Patti, and Paul all that you did for us- for housing us, for feeding us, for entertaining us. Thank you for helping in any way that you could over and over and over again for the past 17 days. Thank you for hours of reading to the kids, playing cars with Drew, playing moving parts animals with Luke, and arting with Gracie. Thank you for trips to the library, tickets to Cinderella, and outings to paint pottery. Thank you for glasses of wine, for yummy desserts, for delicious meals, for hot coffee every morning....and even more for the company that went with all of these delicious treats. Thank you for all of the little toys, books, and treats you spoiled the kids and me with. Words can't express how much we love and appreciate the four of you.

Thank you to Aunt Bridget and Aunt Erin for planning special nights with your niece. Gracie is a lucky little lady to have the two of you for aunts.

Thank you to Erin and Chad and Addison for being wonderful company and planning fun ways to get together. I'm so sorry that sickness kept the boat ride and the Monticello Movie Night from happening. Next time....

Thank you to Bryan for Caterpillar hats, books, and DVDs. Thank you for letting us know how happy you were that we were in town. Thank you for reading to Gracie the entire trip home from Bloomington. You are a great uncle.

Thank you to the Koski family for great company, as usual. Joe and Will, you are the best big cousins in the entire world! The kids just love you to pieces and we do too!

Thank you to Kari for being such wonderful company. Thank you for making the trip to Decatur so many times just to spend time with us. Thank you for planning a fun day in Springfield and feeding us lunch. Thank you for inviting us to the pool. Thank you for being my best friend. I love that our kids love one another so much.

Thank you to Allie and Hollis for a delicious lunch, wonderful company, and Silly Bandz bracelets. Your friendship is so special to me and we love you both so very much.

Thank you to Melody for a really fun playdate. Thank you for the Slip and Slide and the yummy treats. I still smile thinking of how happy Gracie and Taylor were to see one another.

Thank you to the Mark, Kelly, and Caleb for a fun night and for letting us stay at the Miller Inn. Kelly, it was wonderful to stay up late catching up. Let's plan a Knoxville version of that night very soon!

Thank you to Shannon, Scott, Millie, and Merrill for a great summer morning. Grace, Luke, and Drew had fun playing at your house and we loved visiting with the two of you. Thank you so much for a healthy, yummy lunch and the offer of a place for Drew to take a nap. Thank you to Lauren and Jason for a nice visit (even if quick!). Sorry we couldn't visit longer.

Thank you to June, Kevin, Lainie, and Lily for meeting us for such a fun afternoon! Your family is so sweet and I am so glad we finally got to meet baby Lily!

Thank you to Carrie for meeting us at Ted Drewe's. Seeing you reminded me how friendly and wonderful you are and made me miss spending time with you!

Thank you to everyone on the Canoe Trip for a weekend of laughter and kid-free fun. I can't wait to do it again next year! Maybe without the tipping, though.......

Thank you to Lisa and Dale for letting me come over and get a baby fix not once, but twice. Those little girls are just the cutest and Connor is an amazing big brother. To have had the week you were having and still invite us over for Taco Night.......... we love you very much.

Thank you to all of the friends who stopped by, met us for drinks, invited us on playdates, and generally reminded me why I love Decatur so much.

Thank you to all of our wonderful relatives we spent time with during the trip. I love our Wingard family. It's so nice to be a part of such a big, happy group.

Thank you all, really. This bumbling list does not fully express the love and gratitude I am feeling right now. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

Comments

Lisa said…
I'm so happy we were able to see each other a few times while you were home. I'm glad that you made it home safe and sound. Connor loved playing with Luke and fell in love with Gracie at the parade, I think he would have followed her anywhere:) I'm a little teary knowing the kids won't be able to play together for a while. We can't wait for your next trip home!!
Nini said…
We loved having you home and miss you already! Hope you are feeling better and we will see you in September.
erin said…
I still think one more week would have been great!!! Can't get enough! Next time I am going to have to take some more time off work so we get to do even more! Glad that you have many fond memories of your trip home and glad that your new home feels like home!!!

Popular Posts