{soccer}
About seventeen years ago I developed a crush on a cute blonde wearing Umbro shorts, soccer cleats, and a great smile. And as of last night, Luke is now just like his daddy- a cute blonde wearing Umbro shorts, soccer cleats, and a great smile. Oh, time passes quickly!
I have been waiting for a long time to see Luke on the soccer field. He has never had interest in playing until the past month or so, so Ben and I jumped on the chance to get him signed up before he changed his mind. We found a great league that practices on a pretty field about ten minutes from our house. A friend has enrolled her kids in the program before and said the coaches are all positive and work well with the kids.
All day yesterday Luke kept asking how many more hours it was until his soccer practice. When 5:00 finally arrived, Luke was waiting at the door! When we got to the field, I was so happily surprised. The group was small, there were five coaches for ten boys, the field was completely in the middle of nowhere (in a good way), and everything seemed really organized.
Gracie, Drew, and I spread out a picnic blanket and sat in the sun to watch the little boys play. (Ben was out-of-town for work, but looks forward to joining us next week.) The other parents were all friendly and the space was open enough that Drew could safely wander around a bit. The best part of the evening was watching Luke's face after he scored a goal. He was so very proud of himself that I couldn't help tearing up a bit. It was a great moment.
I think I am going to enjoy Tuesday evenings this fall.
I have been waiting for a long time to see Luke on the soccer field. He has never had interest in playing until the past month or so, so Ben and I jumped on the chance to get him signed up before he changed his mind. We found a great league that practices on a pretty field about ten minutes from our house. A friend has enrolled her kids in the program before and said the coaches are all positive and work well with the kids.
All day yesterday Luke kept asking how many more hours it was until his soccer practice. When 5:00 finally arrived, Luke was waiting at the door! When we got to the field, I was so happily surprised. The group was small, there were five coaches for ten boys, the field was completely in the middle of nowhere (in a good way), and everything seemed really organized.
Gracie, Drew, and I spread out a picnic blanket and sat in the sun to watch the little boys play. (Ben was out-of-town for work, but looks forward to joining us next week.) The other parents were all friendly and the space was open enough that Drew could safely wander around a bit. The best part of the evening was watching Luke's face after he scored a goal. He was so very proud of himself that I couldn't help tearing up a bit. It was a great moment.
I think I am going to enjoy Tuesday evenings this fall.


Comments