Does his smile fool you?



I snapped this picture of Luke as we arrived at Kindergarten Open House. The poor little guy was so nervous, but trying hard to hide it with a smile.
The Open House was a great way to get over some of the nerves Luke is experiencing about beginning kindergarten. We found his classroom, met his teacher, checked out his desk and cubby, and looked at the selection of books in the reading area.
As we were leaving the school, Luke said, "I think I'm going to really like kindergarten!"

Comments

Kelly said…
I'm hoping Open House calmed both Luke and Mommy's nerves. Kindergarten is a big deal. Thinking of you both!
Bryan said…
As traumatic as it is now, he won't even remember the first day. At least I don't. All of the memories I have of that time are positive. Being dropped off on Halloween as Peter Pan, being able to write my full name so that I could get my library card, and being one of the two first kids to start reading lessons: those are my big memories of Kindergarten. Luke is much less a momma's boy, hard to believe, than I was at that point that I know he won't have a problem beyond the first week or so. Bridget insert your comment here.
Leslie said…
He is a mama's boy, for sure, but I know he will be fine. I might even handle the first day with no tears! ;)

Academically, the kid is so very ready for kindergarten! I can't wait to see him excel. Socially, he is really in need of some playtime with other boys his age. He has spent the past five months with his mom, his sister, and his baby brother to play with. Poor thing. Between kindergarten and his new soccer team, I'm excited for him to be around his peers.
Allie said…
He looks like a little boy here- a baby no more. :)
Hope he had a terrific first day-and you did too! I just wish he was at Stonegate with Hollis!
Anonymous said…
He will do fine!!! And will have so much to tell you!!!
What a great age to be every thing is new and exciting.
He will probably be exhausted when he comes home my kids were. I would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat!!!!
Sally

Popular Posts