in-ee-pro-prit
This morning as we were driving in the van, Drew said "gymnastics" and said it correctly. It made me so sad.
Drew has always pronounced it "joo-nastics," which I found irrationally adorable.
He is growing up on me. Next thing I know, he will say "inappropriate" appropriately. Right now it is "in-ee-pro-prit." He likes to say it often to describe anything he thinks Katie should not be able to get her hands on. As in, "Katie, leave the Lego alone! It is in-ee-pro-prit for you!"
I love these cute little quirky ways that kids say things. My favorite of Luke's was "amblee-ance" for ambulance. Or "welpum" for a few months instead of "welcome." Katie has begun some too, my favorite being "cue me" when she sneezes or burps.
Developmentally, of course I want them to pronounce the words correctly...... eventually....... but these ways are so darn cute......
Drew has always pronounced it "joo-nastics," which I found irrationally adorable.
He is growing up on me. Next thing I know, he will say "inappropriate" appropriately. Right now it is "in-ee-pro-prit." He likes to say it often to describe anything he thinks Katie should not be able to get her hands on. As in, "Katie, leave the Lego alone! It is in-ee-pro-prit for you!"
I love these cute little quirky ways that kids say things. My favorite of Luke's was "amblee-ance" for ambulance. Or "welpum" for a few months instead of "welcome." Katie has begun some too, my favorite being "cue me" when she sneezes or burps.
Developmentally, of course I want them to pronounce the words correctly...... eventually....... but these ways are so darn cute......
Comments
the kids all have unbelievable vocabularies and we know they did not lick them up off the street. you and ben do a great job of guiding thier worlds developement.
i on the other hand still live in the past and as luke said "papa is happy watching regliar tv". regliar has become a part of our daily vocabulary.
I was just going to comment on the same thing. Mom and I use "reg-le-ar" all the time. I sometimes use it in conversation with others just so I can tell them about my grandchildren.
Dad