{a full house}
I was just sitting here kind of mindlessly watching Drew do a puzzle and I started to think about how busy last week was. We had lots of coming and going and activities going on and lots of people in our home. With a little thought, I realized that I can count about thirty five different people who have visited our home in the last month or so between playdates and out of town visitors and babysitting. This makes me really happy. This is why I was so excited to move back to the Midwest.
A friend called on Friday to share that she and her family were going to take a complete spur of the moment trip to St. Louis. In a matter of moments, we went from no plans on Friday night to a house full of friends and a family sleepover. The kids ran around the house playing while the adults got to have a really laid back night talking and hanging out. When we lived ten hours away, this sort of thing never got to happen.
This time of year has brought big moves for us two times in the past. It was, in fact, this week three years ago that took us to Tennessee. Everything about that move is still so vivid for me, which might explain why I find the move in my thoughts a lot lately. We are also helping a good friend transition to St. Louis from Michigan and as we look at real estate options for him, the whole enormous relocating process becomes refreshed in my mind.
Have I told you (ha ha) how happy I am to be settled now? Ben was teasing me over the weekend about Trane moving us again in a little while, but I won't even play along. I am staying put!
A friend called on Friday to share that she and her family were going to take a complete spur of the moment trip to St. Louis. In a matter of moments, we went from no plans on Friday night to a house full of friends and a family sleepover. The kids ran around the house playing while the adults got to have a really laid back night talking and hanging out. When we lived ten hours away, this sort of thing never got to happen.
This time of year has brought big moves for us two times in the past. It was, in fact, this week three years ago that took us to Tennessee. Everything about that move is still so vivid for me, which might explain why I find the move in my thoughts a lot lately. We are also helping a good friend transition to St. Louis from Michigan and as we look at real estate options for him, the whole enormous relocating process becomes refreshed in my mind.
Have I told you (ha ha) how happy I am to be settled now? Ben was teasing me over the weekend about Trane moving us again in a little while, but I won't even play along. I am staying put!
Comments