{a night at the stadium}

Last night I got to spend a treat of a night with my big kids at Busch Stadium. Gracie and Luke were invited to come walk the bases with their teams before the start of the Cardinal's game. It was an unbelievably hot day in St. Louis yesterday, so I will admit to being a little apprehensive about going, but once we were there, we had such a wonderful time together. I adore these two kiddos and loved having a couple of hours to soak them in without any other distractions. It really was one of the best nights I've had in a long time.

Ben and the littles took this picture before we left.  G & L were asked to wear their jerseys for the game.


I love this stadium. The people walking the perimeter of the field are the area softball and baseball teams and their coaches. It was a long team parade- almost thirty minutes from start to finish. 


Luke is directly behind home plate in the black shorts, blue jersey, and light gray hat, close to the coach in the bright yellow shirt and red hat.  

Gracie's team is in green. She is wearing a white skirt and is close to her coach in the neon green hat. 

Luke, Gracie, and I sat with Gracie's team for most of the game. Towards the fifth inning, the stands started to clear a bit and Luke spotted an empty seat near his friends. He headed over and I got to watch him giggle and be silly with his teammates for a while. He was having such a great time!

I love to watch a game under the stadium lights. Although it was hot, there was a nice breeze, so it wasn't too bad. 


We headed towards our car at the top of the eight inning. As we were walking, we stopped to take a picture closer to the field. A nice usher saw us and invited us to enjoy some of the seats that had emptied out. We watched for about thirty minutes from amazing seats and got to see the Cardinals score their only run of the night. 
Loved these seats!


 As we were leaving, Gracie reached out and grabbed my hand and Luke said, "Thanks, Mom. That was so fun!" How lucky I am to mother those two sweet, funny kids! It was a night I won't forget.




Comments

Popular Posts