{Preschool Open House}









 Drew's preschool hosted an Open House this morning for all of the families ready to start a new school year next week. To say that Drew was happy about going would be a complete lie, but once we got there and he started to see some friends from last year, he slowly, slowly become more comfortable.... and after about ten minutes, he even actually agreed to set foot inside the classroom. :)

Once inside the classroom, he became a little fearful again. I saw big tears starting to roll down his cheeks, but he took a deep breath and got in control once I reminded him that he already knew many of the classmates and one of his teachers.  Despite my promise that I would not leave him, he had a strong grip on my hand for about five minutes, but then kind of suddenly dropped it and began playing. From that point on, he was completely fine.  phew.

By the time we left ninety minutes later, he was all smiles and was excited about the school year. Hooray! (... and fingers crossed for Tuesday morning when I can not make the promise to stay with him.)

Also worth noting- Katie was having a ball. She walked right into the classroom like she owned the place and played independently for the entire hour and a half we were there. She played Play-doh, explored the sensory table, and lined all of the class dinosaurs up in a row on the carpet. Drew's teacher asked if I would please enroll her in the class too. I have a feeling I could have left and come back a few hours later without her noticing that I was gone. Isn't it funny how children raised the same way by the same parents can have such different personalities?





Comments

Anonymous said…
Drew just forgot that he had beat pre-school last year. he will get back in the grove quickly and start bringing all kinds of cute (and not so cute)new behaviors learned from his classmates. he is a great kid and will shine due to the guidance provided by his great parents.
love
Papa (aka Python)

Popular Posts