{24 hours in Decatur}

This week marks the anniversary of our move back to the Midwest last summer. I continue to feel thankful and a little amazed that things fell into place just so to get us right back where we wanted to be. As we returned home yesterday from a 24 hour trip to Decatur full of cousin time at the Decatur Celebration, pool time with lots of family, grandparent sleepovers for the kids, and a fun night out with old friends for Ben and me, I was blessed by the reminder that THIS is why we couldn't wait to get back. Knoxville was so great, but nothing compares to home.

cousins. 
While visiting with my aunt and uncle at the Celebration, Drew- who never asks for his picture taken- asked if I would lift him up onto the ledge for a picture. I was amused by his request at the time, but now that I see the picture, I agree that it makes a cool picture, though I am not sure what those poses are.

I love pictures when you can just see the love between two people.
Drew and Bridget had fun swimming together. 


Ben and mini Ben enjoying lunch while listening to the Decatur Park Singers. 


Love hanging out with these two. 

Most of the best nights I have with my friends involve a fire pit. 

sillies

Katie and my cousin's little guy are exactly one week apart in age. What a cutie!
blue lips
warming up in the sun

This picture pretty much sums up my friend Katie. 

This girl got to finish her brother's corn dog and she took it very seriously. 

Katie was this sad almost the whole time we were in Decatur.
She just hates it there. 


Katie and her Lukey. 



happiness. 



I love seeing this every time we return to St. Louis.
The kids all try to be the first to shout that they see the Arch. 

Comments

Popular Posts