My children just ate an entire watermelon in one sitting. The gallon of milk I bought yesterday is already gone. We went through a loaf of bread in one lunch this week. The jar of peanut butter I just bought is empty in the pantry.
Wow.
(Right now I am picturing some of you wiser and more experienced moms who have parented teenagers chuckling at me for thinking that this is already bad. Don't worry- I know it will get worse. By the time I have four teenagers, I will have to go back to work just to pay for our groceries!)
We have an always-present grocery list and are at the store so often that I am sure we must be doing something wrong. No matter how prepared I am with our weekly menu, we are always out of multiple somethings. I hear of friends who make a weekly trip to the store or read blogs about women who can feed their families on some crazy amount like $30 a week and I just have to shake my head. We are more like $30 a day around here. I wish I was joking.
Life as a family of six, huh?
On an unrelated note, our obsession around here lately is painting. I love it. These kids seem to want to paint every day. Although I wish it wasn't quite so messy, I do so love to see everyone sitting around the table together, talking as they paint.
Love moments like these too much for words.
Happy Friday!
Wow.
(Right now I am picturing some of you wiser and more experienced moms who have parented teenagers chuckling at me for thinking that this is already bad. Don't worry- I know it will get worse. By the time I have four teenagers, I will have to go back to work just to pay for our groceries!)
We have an always-present grocery list and are at the store so often that I am sure we must be doing something wrong. No matter how prepared I am with our weekly menu, we are always out of multiple somethings. I hear of friends who make a weekly trip to the store or read blogs about women who can feed their families on some crazy amount like $30 a week and I just have to shake my head. We are more like $30 a day around here. I wish I was joking.
Life as a family of six, huh?
On an unrelated note, our obsession around here lately is painting. I love it. These kids seem to want to paint every day. Although I wish it wasn't quite so messy, I do so love to see everyone sitting around the table together, talking as they paint.
Love moments like these too much for words.
Happy Friday!




Comments
The food bill will get worse, especially if they inherit their father's(and uncle's)tendency to bring the neighborhood in for snacks.
I love the painting pictures - Katy is a fashionista even when she's arting! You are a good Mom - they are going to have great memories of a wonderful childhood - and lots of pictures, too!