four year check up


This little girl is healthy and happy and smiled her way through her four year old check up. The cool teddy bear paper gown seemed to make her day. As is the case more often than not with adults outside of our immediate family, Katie was extremely shy with our pediatrician. I was hoping she might be more comfortable around him since she had been talking about him all morning and had drawn a picture for him before we left the house, but that was not the case.

During the check up, Dr. Spewak and I discussed the concerns we have with her speech.  Katie's preschool teachers brought up their observations with me at the end of the school year and when I shared those with him, he agreed that he could hear- in the very few words that she shared with him- that there are some concerns.  We left with a referral for a speech evaluation at Barnes.

Of course, the highlight to any check up is the coloring sheet, sticker, and cookie you get from the receptionist on your way out the door and this visit was no exception. Katie declared it her lucky day because the sticker and coloring sheet were from Frozen.

Comments

Bridget said…
She is so adorable! I'm sure it feels good to have an initial course of action for her speech. I know she will do great after all she has the best teacher around :-)

Popular Posts