makes me happy-
Luke has begun reading Drew's bedtime book to him each night. Drew is listening to a chapter book that Luke has already read once to himself. They are both really into it.
Tonight they decided that because they were enjoying their book so much, they wanted to start reading earlier in the evening. As soon as dinner was completed and pajamas were on, they headed to my room. That was seventy-five minutes ago.
I hated to break it up, but I just told them it was time for Drew to be getting to sleep. They groaned and Luke said, "Can I just read one more chapter?" I reluctantly said no because it is a school night for Drew. Drew said, "Can we just read five more minutes? Please?"
I agreed to five more minutes. (Maybe other parents are capable of saying no to this. I am not. Siblings being kind to one another AND books being enjoyed? I am helpless to resist.) As I sat at my desk just now, I heard Luke say to Drew, "Our time has to be up now, but why don't we just read together in the morning when we wake up instead of watching our cartoon?"
To say I am one happy mom would be an understatement. Raising readers has always been one of my parenting goals. I love, love, love that I have four little bookworms in the house.
Tonight they decided that because they were enjoying their book so much, they wanted to start reading earlier in the evening. As soon as dinner was completed and pajamas were on, they headed to my room. That was seventy-five minutes ago.
I hated to break it up, but I just told them it was time for Drew to be getting to sleep. They groaned and Luke said, "Can I just read one more chapter?" I reluctantly said no because it is a school night for Drew. Drew said, "Can we just read five more minutes? Please?"
I agreed to five more minutes. (Maybe other parents are capable of saying no to this. I am not. Siblings being kind to one another AND books being enjoyed? I am helpless to resist.) As I sat at my desk just now, I heard Luke say to Drew, "Our time has to be up now, but why don't we just read together in the morning when we wake up instead of watching our cartoon?"
To say I am one happy mom would be an understatement. Raising readers has always been one of my parenting goals. I love, love, love that I have four little bookworms in the house.
Comments