{thankful}
You know you are in a loving preschool environment when the teacher tears up at Parent Teacher Conferences when talking of saying goodbye to your child.
I am so, so thankful for the wonderful teachers Drew has had at Webster Hills. His favorite, Mrs. Amy, was his teacher last year and this year. He loves her so much that last month he asked me if he could have a play date with her. When she talked at conferences this morning about not being Drew's teacher next year, she had to grab a Kleenex. I tried to soothe her and tell her how much we've loved her and ended up tearing up myself. We just had to laugh.
Both of Drew's teachers warned me this morning at conferences to have Kleenex ready for the Preschool Graduation ceremony in a few weeks. Great.
In other preschool news, I have officially accepted the aide position offered to me. It has not been announced to the school parents and staff just yet, so it is still just a little secret, but I signed the paperwork today. After talking/interviewing with the directors, I feel pretty excited about the position. I was pleased to hear what some of my responsibilities will be, as well as to hear that there is a significant tuition discount for Katie, making the position much more financially worth it.
Choosing that preschool was really just a gamble. I knew nothing about it or its reputation, but simply crossed my fingers and chose it because it was at the end of our block and Methodist. I feel lucky that it ended up being such a great fit for our family.
I am so, so thankful for the wonderful teachers Drew has had at Webster Hills. His favorite, Mrs. Amy, was his teacher last year and this year. He loves her so much that last month he asked me if he could have a play date with her. When she talked at conferences this morning about not being Drew's teacher next year, she had to grab a Kleenex. I tried to soothe her and tell her how much we've loved her and ended up tearing up myself. We just had to laugh.
Both of Drew's teachers warned me this morning at conferences to have Kleenex ready for the Preschool Graduation ceremony in a few weeks. Great.
In other preschool news, I have officially accepted the aide position offered to me. It has not been announced to the school parents and staff just yet, so it is still just a little secret, but I signed the paperwork today. After talking/interviewing with the directors, I feel pretty excited about the position. I was pleased to hear what some of my responsibilities will be, as well as to hear that there is a significant tuition discount for Katie, making the position much more financially worth it.
Choosing that preschool was really just a gamble. I knew nothing about it or its reputation, but simply crossed my fingers and chose it because it was at the end of our block and Methodist. I feel lucky that it ended up being such a great fit for our family.
Comments