{Neighborhood Walk To School Event}
My sweet neighbor organized a neighborhood social yesterday so we could participate together in National Walk To School Day. We all met at her house early in the morning where she had a portable breakfast for all of the kids to take with them on the mile- long walk to school. We were quite a group as we all made the trek together- lots of kids, parents, bikes, strollers, and dogs. I really enjoyed talking with some of my neighbors, especially the ones I do not know well.
Once we arrived at school, there were more activities for the kids- people in costume, stickers that said, "I walked to school today!", high fives from teachers waiting out on the sidewalk, and treats and coffee on the lawn for all. It was a cute scene.
I am so thankful for our community.
Once we arrived at school, there were more activities for the kids- people in costume, stickers that said, "I walked to school today!", high fives from teachers waiting out on the sidewalk, and treats and coffee on the lawn for all. It was a cute scene.
I am so thankful for our community.

Comments