{mornings at our house}
Mornings at our house can be a little noisy.
(Actually, so can afternoons and evenings, but this post is about mornings.)
If you can picture the following comments made simultaneously in a five by five foot area of kitchen space, you might have an accurate depiction of life at our house on any given morning:
Katie: I want milky please...... I have some milky please??? In my cup to drink it in my mouth...... I have some pear too? I want to eat pear in my mouth........ Please I want some pear.......... That is the wrong tippy. I want Sawberry Oh-cake cup. (Strawberry Shortcake) NO Drew! Not your cup, my cup! (as he tries to hand her the cup she wants)....NOOOOOO DREEEEEWWWWW! I get it myself! Wait... I need you help!
Drew: (singing) How much is that doggy in the window? Woof! Woof! The one with the waggity tail. How much is that....... (speaking now) Hey! Look at my penny. Abraham Lincoln is on my penny. I learned that on abcya yesterday. I went to a Abraham Lincoln house before, remember? Why is his name Abraham? Does he live in that house? (I answer that he died a long time ago.) Why do we get to go in his house if he is dead? (Luke answers that he was an important president a long time ago.) Why is he important? Can there be three presidents? Are all presidents dead when they are not president? Can I play some more abcya? When will it be Katie's nap time?
Luke: Mom, did you know that colossal squid........ (launching into facts about squids. He probably had some pretty interesting things to share, but in all honesty, I didn't hear much of what he said. He didn't seem to mind.)
Gracie: Did you sign my assignment book? Can we make more pumpkin muffins? Do you like these earrings? I read the coolest thing in American Girl magazine. This girl made earrings out of..... (She shares a long and detailed description of the earrings in the magazine and how they were made.)
Oh, these children of mine. Life is rarely quiet around here, that is for sure.
(Actually, so can afternoons and evenings, but this post is about mornings.)
If you can picture the following comments made simultaneously in a five by five foot area of kitchen space, you might have an accurate depiction of life at our house on any given morning:
Katie: I want milky please...... I have some milky please??? In my cup to drink it in my mouth...... I have some pear too? I want to eat pear in my mouth........ Please I want some pear.......... That is the wrong tippy. I want Sawberry Oh-cake cup. (Strawberry Shortcake) NO Drew! Not your cup, my cup! (as he tries to hand her the cup she wants)....NOOOOOO DREEEEEWWWWW! I get it myself! Wait... I need you help!
Drew: (singing) How much is that doggy in the window? Woof! Woof! The one with the waggity tail. How much is that....... (speaking now) Hey! Look at my penny. Abraham Lincoln is on my penny. I learned that on abcya yesterday. I went to a Abraham Lincoln house before, remember? Why is his name Abraham? Does he live in that house? (I answer that he died a long time ago.) Why do we get to go in his house if he is dead? (Luke answers that he was an important president a long time ago.) Why is he important? Can there be three presidents? Are all presidents dead when they are not president? Can I play some more abcya? When will it be Katie's nap time?
Luke: Mom, did you know that colossal squid........ (launching into facts about squids. He probably had some pretty interesting things to share, but in all honesty, I didn't hear much of what he said. He didn't seem to mind.)
Gracie: Did you sign my assignment book? Can we make more pumpkin muffins? Do you like these earrings? I read the coolest thing in American Girl magazine. This girl made earrings out of..... (She shares a long and detailed description of the earrings in the magazine and how they were made.)
Oh, these children of mine. Life is rarely quiet around here, that is for sure.
Comments
Paul