{12 on the 12th- October 2013}
(a day late)
1. I am sitting in Drew's bedroom with him trying to get him to sleep despite the block party going on right in front of our house. It is 8:15 on a Sunday night and the party is only getting louder.
2. I am filled with so much gratitude to my parents for coming to stay with the kids this weekend while Ben and I went away for our anniversary. The kids are happy, my house is clean, there are two different kinds of freshly baked cookies on the counter, and my laundry room is covered in stacks of clean and neatly folded clothes. "Thank you" doesn't even come close to covering it.
3. Ben and I celebrated fourteen years of marriage with a trip to Kansas City. It was wonderful.
4. We are having an adult Halloween party in a couple of weeks and Ben and I are putting lots of time and thought into our costumes. After going back and forth (and back and forth some more) on a few costumes, we've decided on Mary Poppins and Bert.
5. The kids are also filled with Halloween costume enthusiasm. We've got a peacock and a mime in the family for sure, and a probably Little Red Riding Hood and a wolf, though Drew says it will be a ninja wolf.
6. Luke is now an expert on giant squids. He has been working on a big research project for school and can tell you anything you need to know on the subject.
7. Katie and Drew have discovered that they like to argue with one another. Lord, please help me.
8. My children have ruined me for sleeping in. While away for the weekend, we were still up by 7:30 each morning.
9. I managed to screw up my back somehow on Friday and I am walking around like an old lady. Do you know what makes it hard to feel confident at a block party full of people? Walking around like an old lady.
10, Ben and I have spent a great deal of time over the past couple of weeks working on our basement. We purchased a few shelving units and I went crazy with tubs and a label maker. We took a load to Goodwill. We moved things around. We organized. Ben painted the walls. I don't know that anyone else would really notice the difference, but we're sure happy with it.
11. I am a little obsessed with the song "Carry On" right now. And with avocados on salad. And with salted caramel lattes. And with big, baggy shirts over boyfriend jeans.
12. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks and the many fun things on our calendar. Fall is my favorite.
1. I am sitting in Drew's bedroom with him trying to get him to sleep despite the block party going on right in front of our house. It is 8:15 on a Sunday night and the party is only getting louder.
2. I am filled with so much gratitude to my parents for coming to stay with the kids this weekend while Ben and I went away for our anniversary. The kids are happy, my house is clean, there are two different kinds of freshly baked cookies on the counter, and my laundry room is covered in stacks of clean and neatly folded clothes. "Thank you" doesn't even come close to covering it.
3. Ben and I celebrated fourteen years of marriage with a trip to Kansas City. It was wonderful.
4. We are having an adult Halloween party in a couple of weeks and Ben and I are putting lots of time and thought into our costumes. After going back and forth (and back and forth some more) on a few costumes, we've decided on Mary Poppins and Bert.
5. The kids are also filled with Halloween costume enthusiasm. We've got a peacock and a mime in the family for sure, and a probably Little Red Riding Hood and a wolf, though Drew says it will be a ninja wolf.
6. Luke is now an expert on giant squids. He has been working on a big research project for school and can tell you anything you need to know on the subject.
7. Katie and Drew have discovered that they like to argue with one another. Lord, please help me.
8. My children have ruined me for sleeping in. While away for the weekend, we were still up by 7:30 each morning.
9. I managed to screw up my back somehow on Friday and I am walking around like an old lady. Do you know what makes it hard to feel confident at a block party full of people? Walking around like an old lady.
10, Ben and I have spent a great deal of time over the past couple of weeks working on our basement. We purchased a few shelving units and I went crazy with tubs and a label maker. We took a load to Goodwill. We moved things around. We organized. Ben painted the walls. I don't know that anyone else would really notice the difference, but we're sure happy with it.
11. I am a little obsessed with the song "Carry On" right now. And with avocados on salad. And with salted caramel lattes. And with big, baggy shirts over boyfriend jeans.
12. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks and the many fun things on our calendar. Fall is my favorite.
Comments