{brain dump}

If you like a clear topic and organized thoughts when reading a blog post, this one might not be for you.

1. Drew woke up this morning, came down to my side of the bed, put his face about a half of an inch from mine, and announced, "Eight more days until Halloween!!"

2. I have, at least momentarily, become pretty uncharacteristically zen about our party this weekend. As a normal person would think, I have decided that it is just us having some people over and that my house does not need to be spotless, the weather does not have to be gorgeous, and that any costumes/decorations/food/drinks/music we do will be just fine.

3. I have also decided to stop worrying about too many or too few people coming to the party. Whoever shows up will make a perfect get together. As Ben reminds me..... I hate big parties anyway, so a smaller party will be more fun.

4. Gracie tried out a dance class last night that was not a good fit for her. There were TWO people in the class. The other dancer was advanced and much older than Gracie. The studio was so. very. quiet. When we got in the car, Gracie's first response was, "That wasn't what I thought it would be like. I thought dance class was, like, fun." I'm already on the lookout for another one to try.

5. I have much to do before Halloween. Luke is the only child with a costume ready to wear. The other three costumes are currently a pile of fabric and pieces on the dresser in my room. I also have a craft to put together for one classroom and a party game to put together for another.

6. Why do people jog in the road right next to empty sidewalks?  Why don't they care that people have to slow down and switch lanes just to move around them? We encounter the same jogger every morning and he acts annoyed with me.

7. Katie tells a pretty adorable joke these days- the classic Boo Who knock knock joke. It might be about the cutest thing in the entire world.

8. Drew failed a hearing test at his five year check up on Monday. Kind of alarming. We go back in November to retry the test.

9. Luke's class is going on five field trips in the span of about a month. I love our school. Today's trip is to the opera.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Bump him with the front fender of your van. That will alter his perceived superior position in the physical world. You will be doing your neighbors a great service. Maybe then he will take up cycling and provide a more fun faster moving target. Ben would then joyfully join in the game, considering his dislike of spandex clad egomaniacs on bikes.
on bikes
Anonymous said…
PS: Hang in there you are doing a great job. Drew's subtraction skills are proof.
Python

Popular Posts