{bags}

I spent the good part of yesterday putting stuff into these bags.
I have spent the good part of today putting stuff into these.

(Notice the boys playing airplane on the couch in the background? I moved the couch to the side of the living room and evidently that small change in the layout of the room was enough to cause excitement. They have some game going on that is keeping them both very happy- a relief as I try to get the packing done. )
Oh my gosh! The stuff that five people need to leave home for thirteen days! One bag for each of us for clothes. One bag for books. One bag for Ben's business trip in Louisville. Two bags for our canoe trip. Drew's diaper bag. Two laptop bags. One camera/camcorder bag. One bag full of clothes to pass on to Addi. One bag to hold the car DVD players and movies. One bag of snacks and toys for the car.
Hard to believe that at one point in time in my pre-Mommy days I traveled around Europe for twenty four days with only one backpack. That was a different time, for sure.
We're looking forward to hitting the road tomorrow morning and can't wait to spend time with our favorite people!

Comments

Nini said…
Wow - that's a lot of bags of "stuff" - I can only imagine trying to pack for 5 people and 3 very diverse trips. Not that it will be difficult for the list-making, organized Mrs. Hedenberg! I saw you breeze through moving.

I am so impressed at how different things look from the last time I was there. Lighter colors, lots more on the walls - it looks wonderful! I can't wait to visit again.

We're looking forward to seeing you. I need to get my life organized - it should be an easier job, but somehow, it isn't....

Love,

Patti
Allie said…
Ugh. I loathe packing. So not my idea of fun.
I have my own to do on Thurs.-misery loves company!
Can't wait to hug your neck!
Rachel said…
Happy Traveling Leslie! I can relate, we are travelin' fools ourselves.
I keep forgetting to mention I love your family picture on top of the blog!!!! :)
Anonymous said…
I agree with Patti- your home looks so different from when I was there! I love all the touches you've added. Looks great! Enjoy your trips!

Popular Posts