The kids are tucked in after a fun night with our new babysitter, I am stuffed from delicious Thai food, and Ben and I just had three hours of uninterrupted conversation. I'm a pretty happy lady.
It's been an odd week around here. Poor Ana (the baby I care for) has been home sick all week. Although I feel sad that's she's sick, it's been an unexpected and nice mini-vacation. The kids and I had a great day together on Monday- shopping for summer sandals, going out for ice cream, and doing some fun and messy craft projects.
Tuesday was a school day for Gracie, so Luke and I had the day together. I offered to take him to the zoo, but he said he wanted to just stay home with me. I thought it was odd, but a couple of hours later when he spiked a high temp, it suddenly made sense. He fell asleep at four on Tuesday afternoon and didn't wake up until the next morning. Wednesday was spent reading, watching movies, and taking a five hour nap. The combination of rest and Tylenol seemed to help and he has been back to his usual energetic self today.
I had book club last night and had a great time. Thanks, Allie, for hosting. The conversation was great! I'm already looking forward to our May meeting.
Ben was just commenting that he is glad that I'm having so much "adult" time lately. Between our class at church all last Sunday afternoon, my book club last night, a date tonight, having the week off of babysitting, and our scrapbooking retreat this weekend....well, it's just not my usual schedule at all! I feel so relaxed and content, though, that I know it's been good for me.
The kids have fallen asleep and Ben has declared that he is ready to watch Survivor and eat ice cream cake-Round 2 of our date.
It's been an odd week around here. Poor Ana (the baby I care for) has been home sick all week. Although I feel sad that's she's sick, it's been an unexpected and nice mini-vacation. The kids and I had a great day together on Monday- shopping for summer sandals, going out for ice cream, and doing some fun and messy craft projects.
Tuesday was a school day for Gracie, so Luke and I had the day together. I offered to take him to the zoo, but he said he wanted to just stay home with me. I thought it was odd, but a couple of hours later when he spiked a high temp, it suddenly made sense. He fell asleep at four on Tuesday afternoon and didn't wake up until the next morning. Wednesday was spent reading, watching movies, and taking a five hour nap. The combination of rest and Tylenol seemed to help and he has been back to his usual energetic self today.
I had book club last night and had a great time. Thanks, Allie, for hosting. The conversation was great! I'm already looking forward to our May meeting.
Ben was just commenting that he is glad that I'm having so much "adult" time lately. Between our class at church all last Sunday afternoon, my book club last night, a date tonight, having the week off of babysitting, and our scrapbooking retreat this weekend....well, it's just not my usual schedule at all! I feel so relaxed and content, though, that I know it's been good for me.
The kids have fallen asleep and Ben has declared that he is ready to watch Survivor and eat ice cream cake-Round 2 of our date.
Comments