easy playdough




The kids enjoyed making homemade playdough yesterday and the recipe was so easy I thought I would share. We've made playdough many times in the past, but this recipe was super squishy, used very few ingredients, and was pretty easy to clean up.

We halved this recipe:

  1. Combine 5 cups water, 2 1/2 cups salt, 3 tablespoons cream of tartar, and food coloring on the stove. Cook on low heat.

  2. Once heated, stir in 10 tablespoons vegetable oil and 5 cups flour.

  3. Keep stirring until mixture pulls away from the pan. It happens quickly.

  4. Remove from heat and let cool.

  5. Place the dough on the counter for children to knead until smooth.

The recipe suggests that shampoo, sand, perfume, lemon, or cinnamon could be added for extra texture or fragrance. We added blueberry shampoo. It worked pretty well and probably caused the easy clean up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing! I've put this on my "summer to do list" with Caleb! I can't wait!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing! I've put this on my "summer to do list" with Caleb! I can't wait!

Popular Posts