road trip to Kansas














I love a wedding.

I love a family wedding even more.

This past weekend we road tripped to Kansas to watch my cousin Shaughn marry his adorable new wife, Andrea. We left first thing on Friday morning and drove to Kansas City. We stopped in Columbia along the way to eat at Shakespeare's Pizza since we have heard so much about it from others. Once in Kansas City, we spent hours just exploring. The kids were in great moods and everyone enjoyed our time there. The weather was pretty perfect, so we were even able to eat our dinner outside on a patio while listening to a nearby street artist.

On Saturday we slept in a bit before heading to brunch at a BBQ joint. The drive to Buhler, Kansas was 3.5 hours, so we pretty much spent the rest of our day driving towards the wedding and checking in to our hotel. The wedding was held on a farm, so the bride's family arranged for a tripped up school bus to shuttle the wedding guests from the hotel to the farm. Such a fun touch! The wedding venue was fun for all, with a zipline, farm animals, and a basketball court turned dance floor. Everyone at the wedding seemed to be having a great time, especially the kids!

Sunday morning we were able to sleep in again before meeting up with everyone in the hotel lobby for coffee and a little bit more visiting before making the drive home. We drove straight through to home (around 7 hours), stopping only once just outside of Kansas City for BBQ.

Despite all of the driving, I am awfully glad we made the trip. It was a fun getaway with my favorite people and a chance to spend time with some family members I don't see as often as I'd like.

Comments

Popular Posts