Montana: fly fishing and horseback riding
Our second full day in Montana was full of adventure. Ben and Drew had an early start to the day for a fly fishing trip. They had a great time. The guide nicknamed Drew "the trout slayer" and Ben reports it to be the most fun fishing he's ever done.
The rest of us had planned to hike that morning, but the unexpected snow forced us to make other plans. We had a slower morning at home reading and building a cowgirl snowman before venturing out to explore by car.
![]() |
| Kate and I have never made a snowman in June before. |
We picked the fishermen up at noon and came back to the house to enjoy a big pot of chili and a little game time before our 3:00 horseback ride. Kate had been talking about horseback riding for weeks, so her excitement level was really high. She is not usually one to initiate conversation with people outside of her circle, but she was full of horse questions for our guide. She had a smile on her face the entire hour. Luke also really enjoyed his time on the horse, which I think surprised him since he had been pretty neutral about going. Ben wouldn't admit it, but I think he was secretly hoping he would be told he was too big to ride with us after spotting a brewery up the road. The guide at first told him he exceeded the size limit, but then changed her mind and pulled their largest horse out of the stable. He pretended to be happy, but I know him pretty well. ;)
| Much to our amusement, I got paired with the antisocial horse in the bunch. |









Comments