12 on the 12th- November 2014
A list of everyday things going on in our world these days---
1. The kids are beyond excited about the new puppy coming our way in three more weeks. We have decided on a Westie puppy and have found a family with Westie puppies available at the beginning of December. The owner has sent us pictures and these puppies are too adorable for words. Even I am excited…. and I was pretty hesitant about getting a dog.
2. I had parent teacher conferences this week for Grace, Luke, and Drew. I always love that check in and the reassurance that all of the time the kids spend away from us each day is worth it.
3. Old houses are so darn expensive.
4. After some months without, I have lots of momentum going with my shop again. My list of outgoing orders is pretty big these days. It's a good thing. I have also begun sharing booth space at an antique mall with someone I work with at the preschool.
5. Some needs at the preschool shifted lately and my responsibilities shifted too. I am now spending more of my time cuddling babies in the Mom's Morning Out room. It is the perfect baby fix for me.
6. Gracie is becoming quite the little flutist. It is so very neat to see how far she has come in just four months. I look forward to her first band concert in December.
7. Hello cold winter weather and days dark at 5:30. I did not miss you.
8. The math seems correct to say that with four kids, each should get a fourth of your parenting energy, right? So. not. true. in this house. Aaaagggh, my little Drew. You keep me on my parenting toes.
9. There will be a a lot of outside time in my winter. Between morning drop off at preschool (I stand at the curb and help the little ones out of their cars and into the building), recess duty (alternates between sixty and ninety minutes daily), walking to and from work, after school pick up at the elementary school (usually about a three block walk and a five to ten minute wait on the lawn for both boys to get dismissed), and the many walks that a new puppy will require….. I am preparing myself for cold weather. I am on the search for a super warm, very long coat.
10. Luke's Boy Scout troop is spending the day tomorrow collecting cans for food banks. Gracie is a member of her school's Student Council and they have been heading a drive at the Sixth Grade Center as well. The church we have been attending is collecting coats for people who need them. Our neighborhood just put together two baskets to be raffled off at an event for the Children's Heart Foundation. Our family is participating in a St. Jude's Fundraising event next weekend. I love November for the opportunities it gives us to think of and serve others.
11. Sometimes I wish my life had a mute button. I like quiet and my house is rarely quiet. My kids (one in particular) like to make noise just to make noise.
12. Katie is obsessed with the letter "K" and spots them everywhere we go. So cute.
1. The kids are beyond excited about the new puppy coming our way in three more weeks. We have decided on a Westie puppy and have found a family with Westie puppies available at the beginning of December. The owner has sent us pictures and these puppies are too adorable for words. Even I am excited…. and I was pretty hesitant about getting a dog.
2. I had parent teacher conferences this week for Grace, Luke, and Drew. I always love that check in and the reassurance that all of the time the kids spend away from us each day is worth it.
3. Old houses are so darn expensive.
4. After some months without, I have lots of momentum going with my shop again. My list of outgoing orders is pretty big these days. It's a good thing. I have also begun sharing booth space at an antique mall with someone I work with at the preschool.
5. Some needs at the preschool shifted lately and my responsibilities shifted too. I am now spending more of my time cuddling babies in the Mom's Morning Out room. It is the perfect baby fix for me.
6. Gracie is becoming quite the little flutist. It is so very neat to see how far she has come in just four months. I look forward to her first band concert in December.
7. Hello cold winter weather and days dark at 5:30. I did not miss you.
8. The math seems correct to say that with four kids, each should get a fourth of your parenting energy, right? So. not. true. in this house. Aaaagggh, my little Drew. You keep me on my parenting toes.
9. There will be a a lot of outside time in my winter. Between morning drop off at preschool (I stand at the curb and help the little ones out of their cars and into the building), recess duty (alternates between sixty and ninety minutes daily), walking to and from work, after school pick up at the elementary school (usually about a three block walk and a five to ten minute wait on the lawn for both boys to get dismissed), and the many walks that a new puppy will require….. I am preparing myself for cold weather. I am on the search for a super warm, very long coat.
10. Luke's Boy Scout troop is spending the day tomorrow collecting cans for food banks. Gracie is a member of her school's Student Council and they have been heading a drive at the Sixth Grade Center as well. The church we have been attending is collecting coats for people who need them. Our neighborhood just put together two baskets to be raffled off at an event for the Children's Heart Foundation. Our family is participating in a St. Jude's Fundraising event next weekend. I love November for the opportunities it gives us to think of and serve others.
11. Sometimes I wish my life had a mute button. I like quiet and my house is rarely quiet. My kids (one in particular) like to make noise just to make noise.
12. Katie is obsessed with the letter "K" and spots them everywhere we go. So cute.
Comments