Gracie had her nine year check up this morning with our first pediatrician, Dr. Spewak. It was so strange to walk back into the office after being away for six years. I had the strongest sense of nostalgia walking through the doors and remembering the many times I had Gracie in there back when I was a brand new mama.
I just had the girls with me this morning, so taking Katie in to the office at the age Gracie was at the time we spent so much time there while at the same time as Gracie being there for her nine (!) year old check up just blew my mind a bit.
The nurse who helped through the checkup was one I remember. I don't know that she really did remember us, but I appreciated her greeting of, "Well, Gracie! You look a little older than the last time I saw you!" Dr. Spewak's greeting was even warmer and I was tickled that he was just as smiley and friendly as I remember him.
For sentimental purposes, I'll record here that Gracie's checkup went wonderfully. Everything (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) is great. She measures at 71 pounds in weight and 52 inches in height (both are the 50th percentile for her age.)
I just had the girls with me this morning, so taking Katie in to the office at the age Gracie was at the time we spent so much time there while at the same time as Gracie being there for her nine (!) year old check up just blew my mind a bit.
The nurse who helped through the checkup was one I remember. I don't know that she really did remember us, but I appreciated her greeting of, "Well, Gracie! You look a little older than the last time I saw you!" Dr. Spewak's greeting was even warmer and I was tickled that he was just as smiley and friendly as I remember him.
For sentimental purposes, I'll record here that Gracie's checkup went wonderfully. Everything (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) is great. She measures at 71 pounds in weight and 52 inches in height (both are the 50th percentile for her age.)
Comments