{Friday night football game}
Sidenote- Sitting at the game, I was taken immediately back to my high school days. Friday night football games are some of my favorite memories of high school. It made me miss the days when I got to see my friends each and every single day and got to do something fun with them every single weekend. I completely took that for granted at the time. Watching the marching band, the cheerleaders, the groups of kids proudly sporting their school colors..... I just had the thought that I wish I could go back and have one more high school night. Not that I don't really love my life right now, but to be able to think only of myself and not four children...... to spend the night talking and giggling with my six best friends and flirting with Ben...... to feel the excitement of cheering at the game and singing along to the MacArthur school song........ it would be pretty great. Anyone else ever think this?
But anyway..... the game was a fun way to spend our evening. We actually had quite a busy Friday night for us (because Friday nights are more likely to be pizza- and- a- movie kind of nights around here) because Luke's first soccer game was this evening as well. Luckily the times did not overlap and we were able to comfortable do both activities. We had to eat fast food for dinner on the sidelines of the game, something I wasn't thrilled about but something Drew was very thrilled about!
I am currently killing a bit of time on the laptop waiting for my little cheerleader and soccer player to wind down and fall asleep. The new couch we ordered arrived this week and since it has a sleeper sofa, Gracie and Luke really wanted to have a sleepover together to try it out. Ben is busy packing for his camping trip with the guys this weekend. I am more than a little jealous of a fall camping trip, but know that the kids and I will have a wonderful time with my parents tomorrow. The Pork and Apple Festival in Clinton is a favorite fall activity of mine and my mom and I are going to take the girls to explore that tomorrow while my dad takes the little boys to play at the park. A friend is having all of the camping trip widows over tomorrow night for wine, so I am looking forward to hanging out with the girls a bit this weekend. Sunday brings a meeting of a book club I was so sweetly invited to join (thanks, Shannon and Lauren) and I really look forward to that as well. It should be a busy and fun fall weekend all around.


Comments