{sentimental}
One of my projects for the day is to go through Katie's closet and do a bit of weeding. She is slowly starting to outgrow some of her things and has many cute new things to begin wearing.
I have been putting off the task all week. Silly as it may sound, I find there to be something sad about putting away the kids' clothes as they outgrow them.... especially baby clothes..... and most especially these four outfits that Katie has worn too many times to count. They are my favorite clothes of her 3-6 month stash and the ones I gravitated towards every time I got her dressed. We have spent countless hours cuddling together while she wore those cozy little sleepers. The dress she wore home from the hospital and about once a week since then. It brings tears to my eyes to know that our last baby is leaving the infant stage.
Poor Kate, you just don't stand a chance of escaping some of the emotional moments that are coming your way as you get older, my baby girl. I promise I'll try to not do it too often.
Comments