{Muffins with Moms}


Gracie, Kate, and I had a breakfast date at the "Muffins with Moms" fundraiser at Gracie's school this morning. The third grade teachers of the school hosted it by baking hundreds of muffins and serving their students and mothers. The donations for the breakfast will be used to help make it a merrier Christmas for ten needy families in east Tennessee this Christmas.

We had such a nice time together and were able to visit with many of her classmates and their moms. The picture above is Gracie with her favorite friend in class, Lainie. (She would be quick to point out right now that Lainie is not her best friend of all, just her best friend in her class this year. Gracie's "best friend" status is still claimed by Summar, who is in another class this year.)  The holiday music was playing, the coffee was surprisingly good, the kids were excited, and we knew we were helping to make it a better Christmas for someone else...... I can't think of a better place I could have been at 6:45 on a Thursday morning!

Comments

Popular Posts