Drew's baptism
We are so lucky to have been able to share Drew's baptism this morning with our family. It was a very special day made even better because they were with us. I wish I had a group shot- I kept meaning to take one, but the day just got away from me.The ceremony was very nice- the pastors explained the meaning of baptism and we made a pledge to lead Drew to live a religious life. He was then baptized with the Holy water, introduced to the congregation, and presented with a gift. Our pastor walked Drew down the aisle while the congregation sang "Jesus Loves Me" to him and then he was presented with a monogramed quilt made by the Blanket Ministry of our church.
After church, all fourteen of us went out for a nice long lunch and then came back to our house for coffee and more visiting before everyone had to hit the road. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a nicer baptismal day for baby Drew.




Comments