shopping
I love these ladies. :)
Our annual Wingard Shopping Weekend was just as much fun this weekend as it always is. I have at least half of my Christmas shopping done- a good feeling- and feel so relaxed after a weekend of shopping, eating, laughing, and girl time.This picture was taken this morning before we left for day #2 of shopping. Poor Gracie was trying everything she could think of to get to come along ("I sure wish I could go shopping....") but I wouldn't give in. She has not asked to join us in years past, but this year was different because Ben kept the kids in Indy rather than heading to Decatur. When she woke up on Sunday morning, Aunt Erin was in her bedroom, Faye was cooking breakfast in the kitchen, Lisa and Meaghan and Tanya and Gram were there.....she was a happy camper and she just wanted to be a part of the group.
My mom and Erin both report that she tried to gently persuade them too once she realized I really wasn't planning on letting her come along. Even as we were leaving, I said, "You're going to have so much fun at the movies with Daddy." and she replied in a pitiful voice, "Not as much fun as you guys." The funny part of the story is that I remember wanting to go along so badly too when I was little.
This picture makes me smile-

Drew got his share of attention this weekend- can you tell? He stayed home with Ben and visiting Uncle Bryan all day Saturday, but Sunday he joined me so Ben could take the kids to the movies. He was a great little shopper and slept almost the entire time, waking only to nurse and get his diaper changed.
We have two more days here before heading to Decatur for a nice long Thanksgiving visit and I am really looking forward to it. I love seeing the whole Wingard group (we're a big bunch and don't all get together more than two or three times a year), I love the casualness of the Hedenberg Thanksgiving (wine, lots of laughing, and multiple conversations going on at once). I love the longer time to spend in Decatur because we don't have to rush to fit things in like we usually do. I love that so many of our friends will also be in town for the weekend. I love that Ben and I can always find the time to have a date or two while we are there. Thanksgiving definitely rivals Christmas as my favorite holiday.
Comments