Mother's Tea

Last Thursday I had the honor of being invited to a Mother's Tea in Katie's preschool classroom. Oh, the cuteness factor was high in that classroom! Days later, I smile thinking about it.

We entered the room to nervous and excited smiles from the kids. The room was decorated for us and you could just feel how special this was for them. The kids had placemats waiting at the table for us as well as a bouquet of flowers.

 We enjoyed bagels and strawberries with our tea and had a nice visit with Katie's classmates and their mothers. Near the end of the tea, the kids had a present for their mothers.


Each child had created her own unique paint color. The teachers let the students name their colors and paint the canvas for the art project. Katie made a pretty coral color and named it "rainbow pink." Her teachers then created a silhouette as a Mother's Day gift for us. I loved it so much!

At the end of the tea, there was a chance for us to read a book together. Katie chose a Look and Find that I hear is a usual favorite of hers. Her teacher texted me this picture later on that day-



It was a lovely little morning with my very, very favorite three year old.

Comments

Popular Posts