Mother's Day hike
It was a wonderful Mother's Day around here. I was so thankful for enough rain this weekend to have our scheduled ball games cancelled without being so much rain that we couldn't spend Mother's Day outdoors. Worked out perfectly! After church and a stop for lunch, we headed to Hawn State Park (about an hour and a half from St. Louis) for an afternoon hike. It was wonderful. Poor Katie couldn't quite handle all of the hike when the terrain was rough (quite often), but she was a trooper. At one point, she turned to me and said, "I am having so much fun. This day is like a dream come true." I just about melted at the cuteness of it. Between the water to play in (which really reminded us of Tennessee!) and the rocks to climb, the kids were so happy!
We had pretty good timing leaving the park because it started to absolutely pour down rain about ten minutes into our drive home. I felt so thankful that we had avoided getting caught in the rain because that would have made for a miserable drive home. As was, we were already stinky and covered with ticks (final count was TWELVE between the six of us!).
It was a wonderful Mother's Day and exactly what I wanted- a fun activity that everyone in the family could enjoy.

















Comments