I have the major, major Sunday night blues. After two weeks off, the kids are back to school tomorrow. This evening we had to get bags ready and pack lunches. boo.
I always love school breaks, but this one has been especially great. For the past week straight, my kids have just played together. Eerily well, I might add. For hours at a time, the boys would disappear to their room to play Imaginext or stuffies or to read in the fort they built. Gracie has been enjoying the time to read and clean out her closet (her idea) and create playlists on her new phone and bake. Katie has been super happy to have a house full of people around. We've done many art projects, played some games, and watched some movies. The boys began sleeping together in the fort a few days ago and were a little sad tonight that it was time to return to their own individual beds.
I am sure that this blissful togetherness would have ended eventually, but it was oh so good while it lasted.
Winter Break 2014, you were wonderful.
I always love school breaks, but this one has been especially great. For the past week straight, my kids have just played together. Eerily well, I might add. For hours at a time, the boys would disappear to their room to play Imaginext or stuffies or to read in the fort they built. Gracie has been enjoying the time to read and clean out her closet (her idea) and create playlists on her new phone and bake. Katie has been super happy to have a house full of people around. We've done many art projects, played some games, and watched some movies. The boys began sleeping together in the fort a few days ago and were a little sad tonight that it was time to return to their own individual beds.
I am sure that this blissful togetherness would have ended eventually, but it was oh so good while it lasted.
Winter Break 2014, you were wonderful.
Comments