weekending

If I sit here to blog about our weekend and have to think really hard to remember what we did on Friday night, is this a sign of a good, long weekend or a sign of a very boring Friday night?  hmmm…..

It was a good weekend, so my answer is just that it is a sign of lots of fun activities fit into one little October weekend.

Friday night was mostly spent enjoying the return of Gracie from camp. She was pretty tired, but full of stories to share. Besides resting and unpacking, she had a make up gymnastics class that night since she had missed the two weeks prior- first for being sick, then for camp. Luke was invited with friends to attend a big bonfire at their church. He had a wonderful time. We were invited by some friends to go to Movie Night at the neighborhood pumpkin patch, but opted out at the last minute to choose instead to get Kate and Drew to sleep on time. Drew is still pretty tired out by Friday nights as he continues to adjust to full-time school.

On Saturday morning, Ben and the boys left for a Boy Scout Campout. They camped at Washington State Park. They all shared that it was a great time and I loved all of the pictures that Ben texted me while they were there. I will share his pictures in a separate post.

While the boys were away, the girls and I had a quiet day. We crafted for a couple of hours (love, love, love sharing this hobby with my favorite gals!) and then went out for lunch together. I was amused with Katie during lunch because she could not have been sitting closer to her big sister if she tried. I think Gracie could tell she was missed last week. We popped into Hobby Lobby after lunch for what we thought would be a quick stop. One hour later….. Gracie and I have too much fun together in that store!



Some friends invited us over for a small get together that evening. It felt strange to arrive at a party without Ben and the boys. The weather was perfect and we had pizza and Smores around the fire pit while the kids played in the yard.  It was a wonderful time with good people. We left once Kate started yawning around eight, so Gracie and I had time that night for a movie night on the couch. She let me choose, so I introduced her to one of my favorites from when I was her age- Watcher In The Woods. She declared it a little weird. I will admit that I remember it being better. It was enjoyable enough, though, and then we had a sleepover in my room for the night.

Our Sunday began with a glorious morning of sleep. Gracie and I didn't wake up until 8:30 and Katie slept until after nine. This is unheard of late for all of us! It was wonderful! We woke up slowly and Grace baked muffins for us. It was so very calm and quiet in the house. I adore my boys, don't get me wrong, but they sure add a lot of energy and noise to the mix! :)

The boys returned from camping around noon full of fun stories to share. The girls and I made the weekly menu and a big trip to Trader Joe's. We all raked leaves together in the yard and had some white chocolate pumpkin cocoa as a reward for all of our hard work. Shannon, mine was not nearly as good as yours!  Ben worked on the bathroom renovation. I worked on craft fair stuff. The kids played in the front yard for hours enjoying the beautiful weather. It was easy and relaxed and productive.

Ben and I even managed to sit for about twenty minutes, just the two of us, in the back yard at one point. We enjoyed pumpkin coffee and talked without interruption. We get so starved for time together sometimes that twenty minutes alone together almost constitutes a date in my book! ;)

We have a very busy week ahead. So busy, in fact, that my to-do list does not fit on one notebook page. Wish I was kidding. Ben has to be away for work and we have some things on our calendar each evening. On top of normal life stuff, we have to finish Halloween costumes that are still basically a pile of fabric and props in the art room, I have to prep for class Halloween parties on Thursday and Friday, and I have to finish preparing for the craft fair I am in on Sunday. I am not stressed, but very realistic that there will not be a lot of free time in my week. Ben and I are also having a party next Saturday night, so there will be fun prep for that as well. By the time next Sunday night gets here, I will be ready to crash!

Hope your weekend was as good to you!

Comments

Popular Posts