{me: this & that}

I seem to have replaced Katie's binky as her most cherished possession. This little gal does not want to be more than two centimeters away from me. It is sweet, but also a little mentally and physically exhausting. Ben tried to take a turn putting her to bed last night and she cried so hard for me (all the way out in the kitchen) that she made herself sick. Ben will never, ever eat a hot dog again. Poor guy.

I have been really busy preparing to have a table in a local etsy-type craft show tomorrow. My house is covered with craftiness and has been for eight days straight now.  There is not a surface of the kitchen free of ribbon or wreaths or fabric or hot glue guns. I look forward to the craft show tomorrow mostly so that I can get my house back.

I am looking forward to hosting some wonderful women here this weekend for our annual Girl Time weekend. We laugh and eat and talk and shop and drink for 24 hours straight with just a little bit of sleeping thrown in. I wish the weekend did not conflict with the craft show, but I think I can fit each in and still enjoy them both.

(And remember what I just said about Katie not giving me much space this week? I think tomorrow will be good for both of us.)

Somehow between now and the arrival of all of these wonderful women bright and early tomorrow morning, I need to finish the dozen craft projects still in progress for the show, get it all packed up into my car, and clean my neglected house for guests. And, you know, be mom. :) It might not be a long night of sleep for me, but it is so worth it.

Happy Friday!







Comments

Shannon said…
And this is why I sit and shake my head in amazement and say "how does she do it all?!" Such an industrious and driven woman! I'm proud that I got the kids laundry done, folded AND put away today! Your spirit for "doing" today is inspirational :). Have a great weekend -- it sounds like it will be lots of fun (and well worth all the hard work!)
Bryan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan said…
What Shannon said. I really doubt the hot dog statement. I had to delete my earlier comment as it made little sense without the word dog in it.
Lauren said…
I think Katie and Peyton have a lot in common! She was very clingy to me after we returned from our trip and it is very exhausting! Sounds like your girls weekend is coming at the perfect time! Have fun!

Popular Posts