{loved}
Last Thursday was Special Person Day at preschool. Drew made me feel pretty loved by asking me to be his special person. Because I feel pretty involved in his school and already feel very familiar with his teachers, classmates, and classroom, I suggested that he might want to ask someone else, but he told me with a hug that he was sure he wanted it to be me. I was touched.
Ben's sweet cousin was wonderful to keep Katie so that I could enjoy my time in the Discovery Room. His teachers did a great job planning a fun morning for us. We had a snack together, did an art project, had time at the centers around the classroom, sat together for Circle Time, and then went to gym class. It was a sweet little morning and one that I am so thankful for the opportunity to have had.
The next day at school, his teachers gave him a framed picture of the two of us together during the Special Person activities. Drew was so happy to receive this. He asked me if he could put it in his room. Later that night, as Ben was putting Drew to bed, he says that Drew abruptly got out of bed, grabbed something, and got back in bed. A few moments later, Ben snapped this picture and emailed it to me labeled "You are very loved."
In case it is hard to see, this is Drew sleeping with his picture from Special Person Day. This just melts my heart. It had been a rough week with Katie (giving up her binky) and I was just feeling like a big crabby, tired mess of a mom. This little reminder that they love us no matter how imperfect we are is just what I needed at that moment and I am so thankful for a husband that recognized that.
Ben's sweet cousin was wonderful to keep Katie so that I could enjoy my time in the Discovery Room. His teachers did a great job planning a fun morning for us. We had a snack together, did an art project, had time at the centers around the classroom, sat together for Circle Time, and then went to gym class. It was a sweet little morning and one that I am so thankful for the opportunity to have had.
The next day at school, his teachers gave him a framed picture of the two of us together during the Special Person activities. Drew was so happy to receive this. He asked me if he could put it in his room. Later that night, as Ben was putting Drew to bed, he says that Drew abruptly got out of bed, grabbed something, and got back in bed. A few moments later, Ben snapped this picture and emailed it to me labeled "You are very loved."
In case it is hard to see, this is Drew sleeping with his picture from Special Person Day. This just melts my heart. It had been a rough week with Katie (giving up her binky) and I was just feeling like a big crabby, tired mess of a mom. This little reminder that they love us no matter how imperfect we are is just what I needed at that moment and I am so thankful for a husband that recognized that.

Comments