happy weekend!

It's been a great weekend. Yesterday was full of good family time. After our family Valentine party, Gracie and I slipped away for a bit to go shopping and had a great time trying on dresses. I got a dress for Bridget's wedding and Gracie picked up a couple of new dresses for church. I really love her opinion of clothes. She has always, even from age two or so, known exactly what she likes and what she doesn't. Once we got home, Ben took Gracie and Luke to the movies to see Journey to the Center of the Earth 2. They said multiple times how great it was.

Today Ben and I had a date to celebrate his upcoming birthday. The kids hadn't seen Paige, our babysitter, in quite a while, so they were very happy to kick us out the door to play with her. Ben had complete control of the afternoon and chose Thai food for lunch, a long stop at Barnes and Noble for coffee and a couple of new books, a stop to bring cupcakes home for the kids, and then home for the Illini game.  Katie and I had a great time with our favorite almost thirty-five year old. :)

I was just looking over some pictures I've taken over the past week or two and came across some other things making me happy lately-

lots of Valentines being made for friends
flowers from Ben, just because

a pretty snowfall all day Saturday

tiny little legs getting stronger each day

giggling three year old boys

tiny fingers

concentration

Drew and I were writing on the chalkboard in the kitchen. My message was "Drew is a sweet boy."
When I wasn't looking, Luke added the words, "most of the time." It made me smile.
Hope your weekend has been as nice!

Comments

Popular Posts