Lots of fun around here this weekend....between a Panacake Breakfast at our firehouse, a Book Sale at our library, a visit from Patti, Paul, and Bryan, a trip to pick apples and pumpkins, lunch at Bub's, time outside, a trip to the Osh Kosh B'Gosh store, and a dozen little items on my to-do list, the weekend flew by. We all enjoyed ourselves so much.
Drew is doing really well. After our ultrasound last Monday, we were sent by our pediatrician to meet with a pediatric urologist on Wednesday. Ben and I were really worried, but luckily, we didn't need to be. The urologist explained everything to us, made sure we knew the signs to look for signaling a bladder infection- which could quickly lead to a kidney infection for Drew because of his hydronephrosis, and asked us to come back in six months for another ultrasound.
He is such a sweet baby. He is still sleeping most of the day, but will be awake for about 45 minutes at a time between naps. Nursing is his very favorite activity- what an eater! At his appointment last Thursday, he weighed ten and a half pounds. He is starting to respond to our voices and will turn his head in our direction when we speak to him. We're still not sleeping for very long stretches during the night, but I can't complain too much. We did manage to have a four hour stretch last night- our longest yet by far.
Gracie and Luke are doing well too. They loved their time at the pumpkin patch last weekend and have talked about it since. Gracie had the day off from school today because of Staff Development, so she and I got to shop for a birthday present for her friend Taylor while Luke was at preschool. She also got treated to a pumpkin cookie and an apple cider and got to "babysit" Drew while I tackled some laundry, so she declared it a great afternoon.
Luke has been in Superhero heaven since McDonalds started serving Batman Happy Meals. Did you know you can purchase the toy for $1.50 without buying a Happy Meal? After six different trips through the drive-thru, we now have all of the toys except for Robin. It is amazing to me how long he can sit and play with those little toys!
Ben and I celebrated our anniversary last Thursday with a trip to Texas Roadhouse with three kids in tow. Nothing says romance like cheese fries, right? :) We agreed that while we've definitely had more exciting anniversary celebrations in the past, we've never been as happy as we are right now.
We're all excited for a trip to Decatur this weekend. We haven't been since the beginning of July, and for us that's a REALLY long time. We usually don't go more than three or four weeks between trips. I'm looking forward to relaxing with my family, dancing with the kids at Crystal's wedding, getting my hair cut by my cousin- it's so overdue!, and visiting my Grandma who is now home from the nursing home and feeling much better.
So that's us. My apologies if this post seemed rambling. I get so very tired when I sit in one place for more than five minutes. :)
Happy Monday!

Comments

indyhumes said…
Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
Anonymous said…
Put me down on the list to hold Drew at Grandma's party. I can't wait to see the latest addition to your adorable family!

Popular Posts