weekend check in

I am not so great at blogging anymore. 

It's been a good week. We're settling in more and more each day. Still LOTS to do, but feeling more at home all of the time. 

I've been spending most free moments I can find working on house projects. This week was full of painting the living room and main floor bathroom. I also worked on the floors in Drew's room. Up until Tuesday, these floors were a bright blue dirty carpet. Since the wallpaper was finally down and the walls and ceilings were painted a fresh white, I had the green light to move to the floor. Hundreds of staples later....



Ben sent me this picture from a hotel stay. I take this as an actual, literal sign that he travels too much these days. 


On Wednesday, Katie and I were treated to an impromptu afternoon date with one of our favorite mother/daughter duos. Katie's beloved Kendall is the sweetest friend to Katie. Her mom, Megan, has become a good friend of mine as well. Megan and Kendall came over to see the new house and then the four of us went out to lunch and then to our favorite antique store. Megan is my design friend; we can talk "house" for hours. 


I'm feeling sentimental these days about the end of preschool days for the Hedenberg crew. I snapped this picture of Katie yesterday as we walked home from preschool together. My momma heart can't take the thought of all four kids off at school all day, every day next year. 


Comments

Popular Posts