over it.
Last night was supposed to be the last night we ever slept in this home. Today was supposed to be the day we emptied out the house and tomorrow was supposed to be the day we closed on the sale. Two days from now we were supposed to be getting the keys to our new home and beginning the excitement of moving in.
But no.
Instead, now we are stuck in real estate limbo. Our house is on the market. We are having showings. We have a contingent offer on the house we like. There is, I suppose, a very real chance that we are still moving. It doesn't feel that way to me though. It really, truly does not feel like we are moving into the house on Lockwood. I have gone from thinking about that house all of the time to barely giving it a thought. Truthfully, all of the excitement that house held for me is gone. I think it's my way of not getting my hopes up again because I am so pessimistic about things working out.
We had seven showings while we were in Nashville. No offers. No calls for showings today. No calls as of yet for any showings coming up. The weather is not helping.
I really kind of wish that I could just call the whole thing off and put my house back to the way I like it and be done with this whole process.
But no.
Instead, now we are stuck in real estate limbo. Our house is on the market. We are having showings. We have a contingent offer on the house we like. There is, I suppose, a very real chance that we are still moving. It doesn't feel that way to me though. It really, truly does not feel like we are moving into the house on Lockwood. I have gone from thinking about that house all of the time to barely giving it a thought. Truthfully, all of the excitement that house held for me is gone. I think it's my way of not getting my hopes up again because I am so pessimistic about things working out.
We had seven showings while we were in Nashville. No offers. No calls for showings today. No calls as of yet for any showings coming up. The weather is not helping.
I really kind of wish that I could just call the whole thing off and put my house back to the way I like it and be done with this whole process.
Comments