appreciation
Holy moly.
Showings and single parenting and attitude from the four year old and an afternoon so busy that dinner is a PBJ that happens at 8:35 at night while cleaning the kitchen for another showing tomorrow..... not the smoothest day today after a series of not smooth days.
I sit to reflect right now because I need to. Because in all of the struggles of the day- all of the tempers lost and the running from one place to another and the feeling like there is not enough of me to go around- there was good. I recognize it and am so thankful for it.
I am thankful for the four humans I get to raise. They are awesome, even when they aren't exactly behaving like they are awesome. I remind myself that we all have bad days, even normally sweet little four year olds.
I am thankful for this house. It's hard to have it on the market. It's hard to live in it after it's been "staged" and doesn't quite feel right and it's hard to keep it showing ready and it's hard to read negative feedback after the showings.... but I'm still thankful for it. It is my happy place.
I am thankful for my job, even when my mind is distracted and I don't give it the attention I should. I have awesome coworkers who are friends. I have some of the cutest students around. I am thankful to be able to see Katie at school each day and to walk to and home from school with her. I will miss it next year more than I can say. I am thankful for the hugs I get off and on throughout my morning and I am thankful to be "Miss Wess-a-wee".
I am thankful for a puppy who just makes me happy. I never really "got" dogs before Bear, but man, I just love that little Westie.
I am thankful for coffee and cozy sweaters and tomato soup and magazines to read during soccer practice and hot showers and favorite lotions and new candles that make the house smell extra good. Small little things, admittedly, but they make a day better.
I am thankful for Gracie and the way she steps up to the plate, always, to be a blessing to this family. She is so quick to kiss me on the cheek or say "I love you."; I pray she never outgrows this.
I am thankful for Luke who has such a way with his little sister. I love his sweet soul and the way he always wants to help. I love his jokes and his long (long, long) stories. :)
I am thankful for Drew who took his afternoon very seriously. He knew he had a homework project to complete before leaving for soccer practice and then directly onto basketball practice. We got home for the night at 7:15 and he hopped right into a shower and loaded his backpack for school tomorrow. He went to bed without any unstructured time in his day today and while that bothers me, he did not complain. He is really growing up.
I am thankful for Ben and although I am pretty over all of this travel (the number of nights the guy sleeps in his own bed in January will be less than ten. sigh.), I appreciate how hard he works.
I am thankful for the ability to wind down my day by writing in my comfiest plaid pajamas.
Life is good.
Showings and single parenting and attitude from the four year old and an afternoon so busy that dinner is a PBJ that happens at 8:35 at night while cleaning the kitchen for another showing tomorrow..... not the smoothest day today after a series of not smooth days.
I sit to reflect right now because I need to. Because in all of the struggles of the day- all of the tempers lost and the running from one place to another and the feeling like there is not enough of me to go around- there was good. I recognize it and am so thankful for it.
I am thankful for the four humans I get to raise. They are awesome, even when they aren't exactly behaving like they are awesome. I remind myself that we all have bad days, even normally sweet little four year olds.
I am thankful for this house. It's hard to have it on the market. It's hard to live in it after it's been "staged" and doesn't quite feel right and it's hard to keep it showing ready and it's hard to read negative feedback after the showings.... but I'm still thankful for it. It is my happy place.
I am thankful for my job, even when my mind is distracted and I don't give it the attention I should. I have awesome coworkers who are friends. I have some of the cutest students around. I am thankful to be able to see Katie at school each day and to walk to and home from school with her. I will miss it next year more than I can say. I am thankful for the hugs I get off and on throughout my morning and I am thankful to be "Miss Wess-a-wee".
I am thankful for a puppy who just makes me happy. I never really "got" dogs before Bear, but man, I just love that little Westie.
I am thankful for coffee and cozy sweaters and tomato soup and magazines to read during soccer practice and hot showers and favorite lotions and new candles that make the house smell extra good. Small little things, admittedly, but they make a day better.
I am thankful for Gracie and the way she steps up to the plate, always, to be a blessing to this family. She is so quick to kiss me on the cheek or say "I love you."; I pray she never outgrows this.
I am thankful for Luke who has such a way with his little sister. I love his sweet soul and the way he always wants to help. I love his jokes and his long (long, long) stories. :)
I am thankful for Drew who took his afternoon very seriously. He knew he had a homework project to complete before leaving for soccer practice and then directly onto basketball practice. We got home for the night at 7:15 and he hopped right into a shower and loaded his backpack for school tomorrow. He went to bed without any unstructured time in his day today and while that bothers me, he did not complain. He is really growing up.
I am thankful for Ben and although I am pretty over all of this travel (the number of nights the guy sleeps in his own bed in January will be less than ten. sigh.), I appreciate how hard he works.
I am thankful for the ability to wind down my day by writing in my comfiest plaid pajamas.
Life is good.
Comments