{around here}

I stink at blogging lately.

Facebook has become much easier because I can do it from my phone, so I have been putting little life and child tidbits on there, but I actually don't like Facebook much. If I put something on Facebook, it is more because I want to remember it, not because I want others to see it. I am uncomfortable when I think about acquaintances knowing so much about us.

Anyway...

A few things going on around here worth remembering-- (the good and the bad..... life.)


  • Our house is still on the market. My thoughts and feelings on this could exceed 1,000,000 words, but I won't go there. I will say I hate it
  • Katie registers for kindergarten today. sniff sniff.
  • Someone hacked our checking account and took ALOT of money from us. Luckily Regions is good and we should be getting the money returned to us this week. It is an awful feeling of violation to have someone do this to you. 
  • I was stressed last week. Like, really stressed. Being extra tired and getting headaches and being snappy to those around me... it wasn't good. I am determined that this week will be better. 
  • My friends are fulfilling a lifelong dream and opening a restaurant this week in honor of the son they lost about three years ago. I am so proud of them and excited for them! We got invited to the soft opening, but could not attend because of Ben's work/travel schedule (story of our life these days!), but I cannot wait to visit soon! How neat to see a dream become a reality. 
  • Basketball and indoor soccer have begun. Our free time is about to get much smaller. Ben is even playing basketball with a team of men from our church. 
  • Ben is preparing to take the exam to enter the MBA program.
  • Luke is going on a ski trip with his class this week. The word "excited" does not even begun to describe how he feels about this.
  • Drew lost his two front teeth. What a cutie pie he is with a big gap in his mouth. Love that boy.
  • We've set up a play space in the basement and I am kicking myself that we didn't do it sooner. It is nice to have the extra room in the house and all it took was shuffling all of the items we had down there to other parts of the house (and donating some things) and putting down some temporary flooring. Now if only I could get an office space for me......
  • The sun is, at least temporarily, back and I am so appreciative. The cold, gray winter days really change my mood as does sunshine. 
Happy Monday, all. Hope your week is a good one. 

Comments

Popular Posts