a happy list for today, February 27, 2015:

1. coffee
Cold days make coffee taste that much better, right? And have you tried snickerdoodle coffee creamer? Happiness in a steaming mug, I tell ya.

2. Legos
We set up an area in the art room for nonstop Lego mess and there is almost always someone sitting there. I love the imagination I see at work.

3. puppy talk
Similar to the way that people coo at babies, the way that Drew talks to Bear just cracks me up. "Oh, my sweet little Beary Bear. I love you soooo much my good boy! Good boy! Good boy, baby Bear, I love you! You're the best dog in the whole world! Oh, Bear Bear!"

4. apple slices dipped in peanut butter
Go to snack around here. I like when there is an easy, always-enjoyed option.

5. The Voice
So glad it's back on and so happy to watch it with Gracie.

6. piano music
I love to hear Gracie and Luke on the piano. I am so proud of their progress.

7.  Fridays
Comfy clothes, no work for me, no school for Katie, time to work on whatever needs done, anticipation of the weekend..... Fridays are good.

8. planning a road trip
It's been a long time since we've had the time and freedom to just hop in the car and do what we want for six days. Love that the kids are getting older and able to handle more time in the car. Love that Ben can take the week off. Love that my parents are so willing to puppysit for us. It will be great.

9. the end of difficult phases
Let me preface by saying that I am fully aware that there is just another difficult phase right around the corner (because there always is in parenting......), but for the moment, the kids are easy. Drew's behavior has been outstanding and Kate is no longer crying when we are not together. She walked into her preschool classroom each day this week with a smile and a hug for me, just happy to be there.

10. science fair blue ribbons
Luke's science fair project got a blue ribbon and an invitation to compete at the district level. We are proud of his hard work and love his enthusiasm.

11. read alouds
The boys and I are reading The Secret Garden in anticipation of Family Literacy Night at their school next week. I love that time each night when all tasks just stop and we get to curl up together to read. This book has been especially fun because I have been letting them listen to the Broadway songs that correlate to each chapter we read. The songs are sung in a strong accent and I love to listen to the boys try to imitate it.

12. the crock pot
One of my favorite household tools. Really. Ten minutes of prep time in the morning and dinner is ready whenever we want it at the end of a busy day.





Comments

Popular Posts