{12 on the 12th}
Like last month, I thought it would be fun to record twelve little things/thoughts in my life at this moment in time, the 12th of the month. (Technically it became the 13th about an hour ago, but we'll pretend....)
Play along if you'd like! :)
1. It is the middle of the night and everyone else in the house is fast asleep. I wish I was sleeping too. A long nap yesterday afternoon and a very early bedtime last night (see #2) is causing my body to feel wide awake even though it is 1:36 AM. I'm hoping a little writing and some warm milk will help me get sleepy again.
2. Patti and Paul offered to watch the kids last night while Ben and I went out for Valentine's Day. We weren't out for more than twenty minutes before an awful headache hit my like a truck. I tried to push through it, but after about ninety minutes I surrendered and called it quits for the night. It was a complete disappointment of a much-anticipated date night, and I was in bed by 8:15. It was just about the worst headache I've ever had. It hurt to move my eyes and I got sick to my stomach from the pain.
3. My children have the best grandparents they could possibly have. We are having a wonderful visit with Patti and Paul.
4. Even though we have no plans on Monday, I am looking forward to celebrating Valentine's Day. The kids are not having class parties (bummer), so I won't be up at the school for any reason. I'll have to think of another way to get my fix for the year. I think the holiday for adults rarely lives up to the hype, but it is such a cute holiday for kids.
5. The baby has been very, very active lately. The kids really enjoy putting their hands on my belly to feel her kick and move.
6. With Ben's generous prodding, I splurged and got a few new maternity things. It is amazing how a new pair of jeans and three new tops could change my whole outlook on getting dressed. I am sure that those of you who have shared in the drudgery of putting on the same handful of clothes day after day after day share my excitement.
7. Ben is home from his cruise safe and sound, though a little worse for the wear. Some long basketball games on the ship produced a swollen ankle, open blisters on his feet, and a black eye. Patti joked that I should never let him travel without me again. He is having a great time telling people I gave him the black eye when I got tired of hearing about the trip.
8. Luke got a new Lego kit tonight for Valentine's Day from Nini and Papa. I have a feeling I know what his Sunday will look like. I really do love his obsession with Legos and am amazed with the concentration he shows for hours at a time while putting something together.
9. All three kids sing a goofy rendition of the Chili's babyback ribs commercial together that makes me giggle no matter how many time I hear it. Drew's little voice chiming in with his part is the icing on the cake.
10. Drew surprised us by giving Ben a bit of the cold shoulder after he returned on Thursday evening after six days away. He acted a little mad at Ben all the way until this evening, refusing to let Ben hold him or read to him or put him to bed. He's never done this before. Ben handled it with a maturity I could not have shown. Ben plans to share an extra little bit of time with Drew tomorrow afternoon as it is clearly needed.
11. Gracie is so excited to have her whole family come watch her at gymnastics on Monday afternoon. She has told Ben so much about it that he is going to leave work just a little early to come see her in action. Is there a better feeling than watching your children feel pride in themselves? I love it.
12. After hearing about the show for a while, I have been watching old seasons of The Secret Life of the American Teenager on Netflix. Between this show and walking through the mall tonight on a Saturday evening, I don't think I am ready to even consider letting Gracie become a teenager. I get a say, right? ;)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Play along if you'd like! :)
1. It is the middle of the night and everyone else in the house is fast asleep. I wish I was sleeping too. A long nap yesterday afternoon and a very early bedtime last night (see #2) is causing my body to feel wide awake even though it is 1:36 AM. I'm hoping a little writing and some warm milk will help me get sleepy again.
2. Patti and Paul offered to watch the kids last night while Ben and I went out for Valentine's Day. We weren't out for more than twenty minutes before an awful headache hit my like a truck. I tried to push through it, but after about ninety minutes I surrendered and called it quits for the night. It was a complete disappointment of a much-anticipated date night, and I was in bed by 8:15. It was just about the worst headache I've ever had. It hurt to move my eyes and I got sick to my stomach from the pain.
3. My children have the best grandparents they could possibly have. We are having a wonderful visit with Patti and Paul.
4. Even though we have no plans on Monday, I am looking forward to celebrating Valentine's Day. The kids are not having class parties (bummer), so I won't be up at the school for any reason. I'll have to think of another way to get my fix for the year. I think the holiday for adults rarely lives up to the hype, but it is such a cute holiday for kids.
5. The baby has been very, very active lately. The kids really enjoy putting their hands on my belly to feel her kick and move.
6. With Ben's generous prodding, I splurged and got a few new maternity things. It is amazing how a new pair of jeans and three new tops could change my whole outlook on getting dressed. I am sure that those of you who have shared in the drudgery of putting on the same handful of clothes day after day after day share my excitement.
7. Ben is home from his cruise safe and sound, though a little worse for the wear. Some long basketball games on the ship produced a swollen ankle, open blisters on his feet, and a black eye. Patti joked that I should never let him travel without me again. He is having a great time telling people I gave him the black eye when I got tired of hearing about the trip.
8. Luke got a new Lego kit tonight for Valentine's Day from Nini and Papa. I have a feeling I know what his Sunday will look like. I really do love his obsession with Legos and am amazed with the concentration he shows for hours at a time while putting something together.
9. All three kids sing a goofy rendition of the Chili's babyback ribs commercial together that makes me giggle no matter how many time I hear it. Drew's little voice chiming in with his part is the icing on the cake.
10. Drew surprised us by giving Ben a bit of the cold shoulder after he returned on Thursday evening after six days away. He acted a little mad at Ben all the way until this evening, refusing to let Ben hold him or read to him or put him to bed. He's never done this before. Ben handled it with a maturity I could not have shown. Ben plans to share an extra little bit of time with Drew tomorrow afternoon as it is clearly needed.
11. Gracie is so excited to have her whole family come watch her at gymnastics on Monday afternoon. She has told Ben so much about it that he is going to leave work just a little early to come see her in action. Is there a better feeling than watching your children feel pride in themselves? I love it.
12. After hearing about the show for a while, I have been watching old seasons of The Secret Life of the American Teenager on Netflix. Between this show and walking through the mall tonight on a Saturday evening, I don't think I am ready to even consider letting Gracie become a teenager. I get a say, right? ;)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Comments
Happy Valentines Day! I hope your headace is gone now. I would LOVE to see a picture posted of the black eye YOU gave to Ben for talking about his trip. It is the exact same spin I would have put on it if I found myself in his position. And are you sure that swollen ankle didn't come from running away from you?
Kiss the kids for me and say hi to Paul & Patti.
Love
Dad
Drew loved Sandi's banana bread - but halfway through the second piece, he told me he couldn't eat it because it had snakes in it. Who knew? I hated to leave and missed you before we were out of town.
We need to do a grandparent's trip Mark - and we need to plan a wine tasting trip to NC. I know a good B&B.....
Sounds like a migraine. Though I've had them since my teens, they really picked up speed in my 30's. I would get an aura, then a headache, and the next 12-24 hours would be shot. I would pass out, vomit, and head to a cold, dark room to try to sleep it off. (They run on the Ross side of the family.)
They have made huge strides in meds since then. Mine have diminished considerably, but I have a prescription to take for the bad ones, and I can function again in 2-3 hours. I tried for years (without success)to journal their occurence and eliminate triggers. Finally decided a big one was barometric changes, up or down. I know you probably can't take anything while you are pregnant and perhaps nursing, but if the headaches continue, there really is help these days and you don't have to put up with them. Good luck. Sandi
the visual disturbance is a real give away. It makes it a "classical" migraine, with the headache coming about 20 minutes after the "aura". I know we have had some real barometric changes here in the last couple of days, so I figure you had them the day before. We had heavy wind gusts, and I had a headache today so I took one of my pills.
For some reason, the headaches often happen when I am traveling or going someplace nice. I had one of my worst at the Grand Canyon and hurled blueberry pancakes at a scenic overlook. I know, TMI! If you have more, there really is help today and they don't have to let them control your life. Sandi