{right now.}

Right now I feel guilty that our dinner was not as healthy as it could have been. I am tired and it was easy.

Right now I feel bad for just refusing Drew another book. I feel like I've been reading all day and I just don't have another book in me at the moment.

Right now I feel sneaky for bribing the kids with a cartoon to clean up their playroom. But hey, it worked.

Right now I feel boring because Ben just called from his trip and I could not think of anything interesting to report from our day. Drew's gym class, a monstrously large trip to the grocery store, lots of cleaning, and chalk drawing outside don't make for very exciting stories.

Right now I feel lazy because I could be playing downstairs with the kids, but I am sitting here with a big fat glass of tea and chilling on my computer instead. I especially should be spending some extra time with Gracie since she has been at school all day. But I am worn out and just don't feel like playing.

Right now I am wishing that it was 2 hours from now when baths, homework, and the bedtime routine will all be done and I can curl up in my bed.  I am tired of single parenting.

Right now I am thankful for the anticipation of fun plans with good friends over the next three days, a hubby coming home soon, beautiful weather, silly kids, fun mail, a stocked kitchen and an empty laundry room, a wonderful check-up at the OB this week, a blog that helps me keep things in perspective, and the knowledge that I will wake up tomorrow morning feeling refreshed and ready to jump back into motherhood once again.

Comments

Popular Posts