Miss Saigon


Today I saw Miss Saigon with Gracie and Luke. I first saw this musical twenty years ago in London while Ben and I were on our big trip. I remember liking it and listened to the soundtrack for years following.

Fast forward to today when I am sitting next to my teens and the show begins. The curtain lifts and the opening scene is a prostitution scene. Women are barely wearing anything at all and there are X rated moves all over the stage. The language is intense and nothing was left to the imagination. To everyone's discomfort, the scene seems to go on and on and on.

So very uncomfortable.

How did I not remember this from the play? It felt just like it does when you rewatch with your kids a movie from your past and there are so many more inappropriate things than you remember.


Comments

Popular Posts