me, a dog person?
I have never really been a dog person.
I didn't have a problem with them at all, I've just never really been all that interested. I really kind of wondered what all the fuss about dogs was about. They are messy. They are hairy. They lick things. They jump up on people. They stare at you while you are eating. They sometimes smell. I felt a little guilty that I did not enjoy dogs more, but just didn't have those feelings. I can only equate it with some people being crazy about babies and other people not being "baby people." No right or wrong, just who we are.
So you can imagine my surprise that this little puppy might be converting me. I get it now. Only five days in and I understand how people can fall so in love with their pets. I never would have imagined how much I would love a little puppy and in such a short time. No kidding.
I couldn't wait to come home from work today to see him. I cheer like a crazy person when he poops or pees outside or on his paper. I laugh at his insane cuteness when his little five pound body runs across the living room. I feel really protective when I see him scared (he is maybe not a fan of loud noises.....). I enjoy cuddling on him and have spent hours of the past week with him in my arms. I felt really proud yesterday when our new vet praised him on what a sweet puppy he was. (As if I had anything at all to do with it!)
When I stand at the kitchen island- where I probably spend the most time at our house- he likes to come up and rest right at my feet and it is really cozy. Right this moment, in fact, I am standing here typing and he has assumed the position.
I never thought I was a dog person, but now I kind of think that maybe I might be turning a little bit into one.
He is just so darn cute and sweet that I didn't stand a chance.
I didn't have a problem with them at all, I've just never really been all that interested. I really kind of wondered what all the fuss about dogs was about. They are messy. They are hairy. They lick things. They jump up on people. They stare at you while you are eating. They sometimes smell. I felt a little guilty that I did not enjoy dogs more, but just didn't have those feelings. I can only equate it with some people being crazy about babies and other people not being "baby people." No right or wrong, just who we are.
So you can imagine my surprise that this little puppy might be converting me. I get it now. Only five days in and I understand how people can fall so in love with their pets. I never would have imagined how much I would love a little puppy and in such a short time. No kidding.
I couldn't wait to come home from work today to see him. I cheer like a crazy person when he poops or pees outside or on his paper. I laugh at his insane cuteness when his little five pound body runs across the living room. I feel really protective when I see him scared (he is maybe not a fan of loud noises.....). I enjoy cuddling on him and have spent hours of the past week with him in my arms. I felt really proud yesterday when our new vet praised him on what a sweet puppy he was. (As if I had anything at all to do with it!)
When I stand at the kitchen island- where I probably spend the most time at our house- he likes to come up and rest right at my feet and it is really cozy. Right this moment, in fact, I am standing here typing and he has assumed the position.
I never thought I was a dog person, but now I kind of think that maybe I might be turning a little bit into one.
He is just so darn cute and sweet that I didn't stand a chance.

Comments