After a not-so-pretty twelve hours of travel time yesterday, we are back at home amidst massive piles of clothes and goodies to be unpacked, a van to be cleaned, a yard to be mowed, a stack of mail to be sorted, and a fridge to be filled. Welcome home.
It was such a wonderful trip, though, that it is all worth it. As usual, we soaked in every moment of friend and family time we could and were sad to leave once our nine day trip was over. I have already shared most of the pictures I have, but I enjoy the few remaining as well-
 |
| night out with friends |
 |
| I never get to spend enough time with this lady. :) |
 |
| so sweet. |
 |
| camping with Nini |
 |
| I wish this picture also showed Addi's cowboy boots. That girl is the best-dressed four year old around! :) |
 |
| playing on Will's go cart |
 |
| This is right where Luke can be found during any trip to Decatur- within a foot of Grandpa. |
 |
| some cuddles from Aunt Kelly at her bakery |
 |
| Drew wasn't as in to the Lincoln Museum as the rest of us. |
 |
| I think this picture is just so cute. Gracie loves her Nini! |
 |
I think this picture is great too. I love the happiness on Bridget's face. She's such a good aunt!
Looking over these pictures, I am a little annoyed at myself as some of our favorite people were somehow not captured. First and foremost, Ben really was on the trip with us; I'm not sure why he was never photographed. And I spent more time with my mom than anyone else, but have no pictures of her. Not sure what happened. And Papa and Bryan? Again, hmmm...... My camera battery died mid-week, so all of the pictures from the end of the week were taken on phones or borrowed from Erin. I took fewer pictures than normal..
Thank you so much to everyone who made our trip home so wonderful, especially Mom, Dad, Patti, and Paul. We are so grateful for all of the love and attention you just heap on your grandkids. They are lucky kids, for sure, to have you in their lives.
And now back to reality.
|
Comments