{hApPY LiSt}

Life is good here this week. The sun is shining, Gracie is on Spring Break, and our house is finally starting to look like a real home.

a happiness list for the evening:

1. Drew LOVES his new cozy coupe car. The nicer weather has brought lots of time playing outside and Ben and I wanted Drew to have something to ride in the driveway as Gracie and Luke ride their scooters. He is one happy little guy when he is inside his car and has already learned the words "keys" and "honk honk."



2. There is a small closet under the stairs in the basement that the kids have turned into a playhouse. Gracie and Luke had many, many requests for me throughout the day as they got it set up- a washcloth, a mirror, a laundry basket, a clock, a flower and vase, a calendar, a rug.... All of these are in addition to a toy fridge and oven, a table and chairs, a doll highchair, and some throw pillows! They have really created one cozy little play space!

3. We went exploring a bit this morning and it was just so fun. The kids were all in happy moods, the radio was playing great music, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We drove to a couple of different suburbs just to look around a bit and I am thankful once again that we chose Farragut. I really didn't realize when we were house hunting just what an amazing location this house is in.

4. At one point during our drive this morning, all three kids were singing along to Sugarland's "All I Want To Do." Drew's little voice going "ooh-ooh-ooh-o0h-ooh" as he mimicked his older siblings was just too cute!

5. Drew really wanted to make sure that he had finished every last little bit of his cottage cheese at lunch today:




6. Ben got home early tonight for the first time in ages. We grilled out pork chops- an absolute favorite with the kids- and sat down together for a meal in our almost- done dining room. Life is slowly starting to feel normal again. Aahhhhhh. :)

Happy Wednesday! I hope your day brought you as much happiness.

Comments

Kelly said…
Glad your feeling more settled in. Your happy list made me smile. The pics are so darn cute. Great timing with Grace's spring break! Glad things are going so well for you guys!
indyhumes said…
Glad you are settling in well! WE will have to get together next time I'm in town
Nini said…
That's how I eat MY cottage cheese, too. It's too good to waste! I'm glad that things are settling down, and it's starting to feel like home. I can't wait to see you all and your new digs.

Love to all,
Patti
Bryan said…
It's official. Drew is Ben's son. I remember Ben doing that many times. I know that everyone that has been around Drew already knew this. He definately has Ben's temper.
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear that things are going so well. You and Ben have done a great job with your munchkins. If there is a cuter kid than Drew, I don't know where he is. I don't remember Nini eating her cottage cheese that way, but I'm open to the possibility. Sandi

Popular Posts