{12 on the 12th- October edition}

1. I have been a bit worried about Katie's growth since her four month check-up three weeks ago. The pediatrician was concerned because she was not gaining weight like she should, most likely from all of the spitting up that she does. Between her two month and fourth month weigh-ins, she dropped from the 25th percentile to the 10th percentile in weight. Our doctor asked me to try some things- number one being starting cereal and fruit twice a day- and to bring her back in three weeks to be weighed. This morning she visited the office for a weigh in and had only gained eleven ounces in three weeks and dropped to the fifth percentile in weight. Frustrating and worrisome, for sure. We'll keep at it.

2. One of the doctor's other suggestions was that we increase Katie's feedings to every two hours.  I feel like I have basically spent the past three weeks nursing. Drew has gotten really frustrated many times because he is tired of hearing that I can't do something for him because I am nursing Katie.

3. It is Fall Festival time again in our school district and my dining room is once again covered with craft supplies.

4. I can't believe that my adorable niece Emmy is a year old this week! I also can't believe that I will miss her birthday party. I really can't wait to get back to the Midwest.

5. "Put a noodle in your jar!" is now a common phrase at our house. I could explain what it means, but it probably is more fun to let you try to figure it out.

6. The kids have Fall Break over the next four days and I am so excited! We are expecting a visit from Patti and Paul too, so it should be a great weekend.

7. I go through phases of being very anti-Facebook and I am definitely there right now. There are some people I liked more before being exposed to their status updates. Facebook makes me feel both very normal and very much a snob.

8. Have I shared that we have to get a new roof put on very soon? Have I shared how much I am dreading it? My friend just got her roof replaced and said the fourteen hours straight of constant hammering prevented her two youngest from napping and just about made everyone go crazy. I am sure that I am working it up in my mind to be a much bigger deal than it will actually be.

9. Luke's birthday is right around the corner and he has, once again, requested a Halloween birthday party. Lots and lots and lots of talk at our house these days about costumes!

10. In a moment of frustration last week- I am so sick of spit up in my hair and tiny little fingers pulling at it!- I called and made an appointment to get my hair cut into a short bob again, but then I chickened out and canceled it. This week I am glad I did. Hair decisions probably shouldn't be made on a whim.

11. Drew is drawing such cute little pictures these days. He went from scribbling a few months ago to now drawing faces and bodies. He is also big on making lists. 

12. Gracie has joined a service club at her school sponsored by the local Kiwanis Club. She is really looking forward to some of the projects they have planned. The first project is a fundraiser to purchase vaccinations for children in developing countries. (When I asked her for more details, she said, "Yeah... I'm not sure.... I think it is for shots against Tetris."  I didn't want to embarrass her, so I only laughed on the inside.)

Comments

Popular Posts