ahhhhhh....

After a four day uninvited break from technology, I have a working Internet connection once again and it feels great.

It's been a busy week. Not too much all that exciting, just busy. A quick rundown on everyone:


Ben has been in Louisville all week and just arrived home a bit ago; he's taken everyone outside to play to give me my first alone time in days. He is tired from four days of meetings and number-crunching and is really looking forward to the weekend.


Gracie's last full day of first grade was today! Woo hoo! I can't wait to have her home for the summer! We attended her first grade musical on Monday evening and she sang her little heart out. She also had Field Day Wednesday afternoon and she said it was so much fun that she didn't want the day to end.

She has been requesting a bob haircut for a while, so last night we chopped about three inches off of her hair for a cooler summer 'do. She could not wait to go to school today and show it off to her friends. She is so very happy to have made a good friend here in Knoxville already, a really cute little girl named Summar, and to have a play date set up with her next week. I spoke with Summar's mom on the phone and found out that evidently the infatuation is mutual. She told me that Summar said that the day that Gracie moved to Tennessee was the best day of her life. :)


Luke has had a great week. He always seems to step it up a bit when Ben is out of town- offering to help me all of the time. I asked Ben if he had a talk with Luke about being the man of the house, but he says he hasn't, so it seems Luke has taken this responsibility on himself. Adorable. I took him to McDonald's for lunch today as a celebration of it being the last Mommy-and-the-boys day for a couple of months. and he was so excited. I love how easy it still is to make him happy; five years old is such a good age!


We've had some great conversations this week and I just love the way his mind works. He is always full of great ideas that make me smile. I wish I could remember more of them, but at the moment I'm only able to remember a conversation we had in the van this afternoon. He likes for me to name a number and ask him if it is even or odd. After a few numbers, he said, "I know the way that you described it to me was that if you had that many cookies and you could share the cookies between two people without breaking a cookie then the number was even, but.......I think you really need to explain it better when you explain it to Drew one day because, really, why couldn't you split a cookie in half, Mom? ......You should say raisins instead of cookies because you can't really split a raisin in half.........or you could say M & M's if you want it to still be a treat....." :)


Drew has decided that he no longer needs sleep. I blame myself; just a couple of weeks ago I jinxed everything by making the comment to Ben that it was so nice to have all three kids going to bed so easily at night and to have Drew enjoying his afternoon nap. We had finally gotten to the point where I could tell him it was time for a nap, give him a hug, tuck him into his crib, and walk out of the room to have him fall right asleep for at least two hours. We had his bedtime routine down almost as well.

But then he had three teeth coming in the same week that he had a bad cold and needed lots of extra cuddling, which threw things off a bit. And then Ben got really busy with work travel and I had to change our bedtime routine a bit to get all three kids asleep on my own, which threw things off a lot bit. A couple of weeks ago he started having what I think are nightmares. About five times now he has woken up screaming and sobbing and yelling for me. Once I have him calmed down, he stays awake for at least two hours. To top it all off, he has refused to take a nap two times this week. Long story short, I miss when things were going well in the sleep department in the Hedenberg household.

As for me, I've spent my husband- less, computer- less week painting the living room during every spare moment I can find. I look forward to a time in the future when I can go a week without holding a paintbrush in my hand.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Comments

Nini said…
Wow, just reading about your week makes me tired! I'm looking forward to seeing Gracie's new hair do and the paint job in the living room. June will be here before we know it. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys and taking you over to see Sandi and Ron. Hang in there!
Love you,
Patti
Allie said…
Sounds like a busy week, but a good one!
Enjoy the weekend with Ben!!
Miss ya'll.

Popular Posts